Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 10:11:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I just received an order of 500 275 grain cast .45 bullets in a flat-rate mailer box.  It was cheaper than UPS would have been.  Good deal!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Those Flat Rate Mailers were the best thing they have come out with yet.

Yep, I agree. The price of cardboard boxes has gone through the roof over the past year or so. It's oftencheaper to use the free USPS boxes and send your packages via Priority Mail than buy your own boxes and ship by UPS Ground! Also, Priority Mail usually delivers the shipment several days quicker than UPS Ground, at least for distances over several hundred miles.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy crap, way cheaper than buying plain boxes! Do they frown on home based businesses using them? Do you think they would complain to much if I showed up with 25 at a time to mail?

Omni
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Holy crap, way cheaper than buying plain boxes! Do they frown on home based businesses using them? Do you think they would complain to much if I showed up with 25 at a time to mail?

Omni

If you are using their boxes to ship via US Mail, the Post Office is happy out of their minds.  Go to their website (USPS.COM) and go to supplies.  You can order all you want, and they will deliver to you free!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I sold a bunch of 7.62x51 Match brass. I sent it out in the flat rate boxes not long ago. I just went to the counter and asked for them. The guy handed me 4 and sent me on my way. They are free.

how much you get for it? I've been throwing mine out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Good thing I saw this thread.  I informed the wife this morning that she should stockpile flat rate boxes based on yesterday's discussion.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I use them all the time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:29:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I use them to send stuff to the troops.  They say for domestic use only or some such, but since the goodie boxes go to an APO address, they smile and takes the money and off the boxes go.  When I ship, I usually ask for a half dozen or so, always got'em.

Good deal.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top