Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2003 10:53:46 AM EDT
Well the winter blues came on early this year.
Started at the beginning of November for me.
I went on a buying spree. Since then I've taken possession of the following:
Wilson Combat CQB Black over Grey with accessory rail. Picked up a M6 light/laser for on it.

FN FAL Paratrooper 98%

Springfield M1A Standard model with synthetic stock.

H&R model 999 10 shot 22 lr break-top revolver.

S&W Pre-27 357 revolver 4".

Rossi 62 Pump with a tapered octagon barrel.

I thought this would take care of the blues, but last night a guy offered me an old Colt Python (pre letter in the serial number) blue 6". I bought it. Them today I found another Python 6" D-engraved.

Hopefully I won't find anything tomorrow at the Harrisburg show.

PICS WILL BE ADDED TOHIGHT except for the pythons since I don't have them yet.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually get depressed around Thanksgiving. I go into my room and read for a week, then back to school for finals and I'm ready for the next year.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell of a way to deal with the holiday blues. [:)]

On the same note, a friend of mine is completely depressed. She says she doesn't feel as alone or worthless as she does during the holidays. [:(]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been a widower for 6+ years now.
The holidays are the worst.
Especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas for me.
I try to keep myself busy during this time.
Started working on a custom stock for my Remington Sendaro. I purchase one of the 95% inlet stocks. Got the action and barrel fitted.
I figure I should have it done by spring.
I keep putting the rifle in the stock and trying it. Take it apart again and grind some more. Them back together again. Glad I enjoy woodworking.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've been a widower for 6+ years now.
The holidays are the worst.
Especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas for me.
I try to keep myself busy during this time.
Started working on a custom stock for my Remington Sendaro. I purchase one of the 95% inlet stocks. Got the action and barrel fitted.
I figure I should have it done by spring.
I keep putting the rifle in the stock and trying it. Take it apart again and grind some more. Them back together again. Glad I enjoy woodworking.
View Quote

Been a widower for 4yrs and almost a month. I fucking hate the holidays. Being unemployed and not able to spend much money doesn't help either. Going to the gym and posting here helps. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
[size=6][red]STOP IT[/red]!!!!![/size=6]

Ask those here who know me {or at least have read my threads on this stuff)
Dwelling on what you have NO CONTROL over is a waste of your time here on earth.
Get your heads out of your ass and be THANKFUL you are who you are.
I live a BLESSED life.WHY?
Cause I'm ALIVE and FREE to start over.
As HARD as it is to quit thinking about the things that depress you;you'll NEVER get anywhere doing that.
I know I'm chewing your collective asses...but take it from somone who has been through worse than atleast anything you folks have posted here that feeling sorry for yourself is nothing but a WASTE!!!!You're not helping yourselves feeling sorry for yourself.

You ARE BLESSED My friends.You just don't wanna see it.

You're ALIVE aren't you?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
How I am handling depression
View Quote

'Zac & Jack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top