Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2003 4:50:12 PM EDT
Jeep Scrambler has been scrapped for next year.
Detroit – The Chrysler group has called off plans to bring out the Jeep Scrambler next year, according to a company source familiar with the project.
Instead the company will field the 2005 Jeep Unlimited, a stretched version of the Jeep Wrangler, the source says. The model will arrive in show rooms in 2004. It is not clear whether the Scrambler project is dead or if it could arrive later.
The Scrambler is a pickup derivative of the Wrangler.
-Mary Connelly
Wonder if this rumor is true
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Havent they been producing the Scramblers for sale overseas? Ive seen recent models in pics.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Think so, there were some in Eygpt, unless they are private conversions, they have the jack I hear.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool info in the Scrambler.

<rant>
What those Diamler MFers need to do is ditch the Liberty, bring back the Cherokee, and as an apology, add a "Rubicon" version of said Cherokee. THAT would be a sweet rig.
</rant>
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cool info in the Scrambler.

<rant>
What those Diamler MFers need to do is ditch the Liberty, bring back the Cherokee, and as an apology, add a "Rubicon" version of said Cherokee. THAT would be a sweet rig.
</rant>

You know if you or other off roaders worked for DC, those bastards would clean up in the SUV market, instead they must have a bunch of pencil necks, because they are so bad at product design it is pathetic.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The Scrambler is being made in Egypt this time around.

My brother is a huge Jeep fan, he's gonna be crushed. He keeps talking about Dakar or the cross Australia endurance race in a Scrambler.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The CJ-8 Scrambler died along with the CJ-7 back in 1986. Please don't disrespect the name by applying it to that stretched Wrangler thingy.

My Scrambler:

President Reagan's Scrambler:

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My brother is a huge Jeep fan, he's gonna be crushed. He keeps talking about Dakar or the cross Australia endurance race in a Scrambler.

I think chevy still made the caprice in the middle east after they stopped them here.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
DC made the right choice scrapping the TJ Scrambler... it looked awful and would not have sold super well.

The stretched Wrangler however will bring in some bigger bucks, but they're gonna need to throw some larger tires on there, like the Rubicon at least to balance it out... like AEV did with their conversions, otherwise it may look a little funky.

The Liberty was smart to come out with, but I hate it, they should have stuck with the 4-door Wrangler concept offroad vehicle moreso than they did with the KJ.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The Liberty replaced the the Cherokee Sport. The are still making the Grand Cherokee but that Is not a SUV its a luxury car with big wheels. I wish these engineers would get thier heads out of thier ass. Just becuase they have a Masters degrees does not mean they will know what ordinary people will want. I will probaly never buy another Jeep Again. I love my Cherokee sport and I wish they did make a Rubicon model. But I will not buy a Liberty and not a Grand Cherokee too expensive, As much I would Love a Wrangler Its just not practical no back seat really for kids. Sorry but Diamler my ass has ruined Chrysler and Jeep.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:18:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Anybody have sales figures for the Liberty vs. the Cherokee?  I seem to see Liberties everywhere, so I'm guessing they sell pretty good.
Just because the hardcore jeep fan doesn't like the Liberty does not mean that it's a bad move on DC's part.  I for one would have to see sales figures for the last 5 years of the cherokee vs. sales figures to date of the Liberty.  I'm betting sales of the Cherokee started slipping, which led to the development of a new vehicle to replace it.

I say fuck all that other shit, bring back the comanche.

And what ever happened to the Grand Wagoneer?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anybody have sales figures for the Liberty vs. the Cherokee?  I seem to see Liberties everywhere, so I'm guessing they sell pretty good.
Just because the hardcore jeep fan doesn't like the Liberty does not mean that it's a bad move on DC's part.  I for one would have to see sales figures for the last 5 years of the cherokee vs. sales figures to date of the Liberty.  I'm betting sales of the Cherokee started slipping, which led to the development of a new vehicle to replace it....snip...

Yes.  Put simply, the wise automaker makes what the customer wants, not what the customer needs.  If need was prevalant, there would be much-much fewer SUVs on the road; most would be replaced by station wagons.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:16:16 AM EDT
[#13]

<rant>
</rant>

I agree. I was also hoping for them to make the Scrambler again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think chevy still made the caprice in the middle east after they stopped them here.

They still do - one model with 328 HP - and they're supposed to be coming out with an SS model over there this year (I think it was supposed to be in October).  Why they don't sell them over here, I haven't a clue.  At least in a police pkg to compete with the Crown Vics....
CR
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They still do - one model with 328 HP - and they're supposed to be coming out with an SS model over there this year (I think it was supposed to be in October).  Why they don't sell them over here, I haven't a clue.  At least in a police pkg to compete with the Crown Vics....
CR

I would buy one. I got a 95 SS here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#16]
You know come to think of it I heard they and planning on releasing a Wagoneer again soon. I think I read it in the Detroit News. Its suppose to have 2 rows of seats in back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top