Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2011 8:11:34 AM EDT

"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo!"

How many ways is that politically-incorrect?

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:35:16 AM EDT
But completely fucking cool.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:32:48 PM EDT
Awesome...................
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:44:30 PM EDT
kinda funny––i wrote a short essay a couple of years ago that compared OBL and islamism to geronimo and the apache uprising.  the conclusion:

As we in 21st century America look back upon
this episode, we cannot help by be startled by its similarity to the one in
which we as a nation currently find ourselves.
Both Geronimo and bin Laden stand in opposition to the proliferation of
the American way of life.  Both want us
Americans out of their lives and off of their lands.  So we must ask ourselves if we are repeating
the mistakes of our ancestors.  In this
context, it is easy to reply in the affirmative.  Yet upon closer examination, the
circumstances are far different.  While
bin Laden’s rhetoric is that he fights to get America out of the Middle East,
he has clearly stated that his strategic goal is the destruction of the United
States, and the institution of sharia
worldwide.  He overtly espouses religious imperialism and the destruction of religious tolerance.  In the 21st century, it is
unquestionable that bin Laden that is expansionist.  This notion would be anathema to Geronimo,
who simply wanted to be left alone to pursue a free and bloody life in a free and arid land.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:48:27 PM EDT

Quoted:

kinda funny––i wrote a short essay a couple of years ago that compared OBL and islamism to geronimo and the apache uprising. the conclusion:

As we in 21st century America look back uponthis episode, we cannot help by be startled by its similarity to the one inwhich we as a nation currently find ourselves. Both Geronimo and bin Laden stand in opposition to the proliferation ofthe American way of life. Both want usAmericans out of their lives and off of their lands. So we must ask ourselves if we are repeatingthe mistakes of our ancestors. In thiscontext, it is easy to reply in the affirmative. Yet upon closer examination, thecircumstances are far different. Whilebin Laden’s rhetoric is that he fights to get America out of the Middle East,he has clearly stated that his strategic goal is the destruction of the UnitedStates, and the institution of shariaworldwide. He overtly espouses religious imperialism and the destruction of religious tolerance. In the 21st century, it isunquestionable that bin Laden that is expansionist. This notion would be anathema to Geronimo,who simply wanted to be left alone to pursue a free and bloody life in a free and arid land.

I've much more respect for Goiacle (Geronimo) than I will ever have for OBL...

Geronimo did bad things to innocent people, but they did the same to him 1st... Ben Laden didnt suffer any of this.

I think they should have named it otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top