Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 12:49:50 AM EDT
I'm up to 3,477 words.

Now I’m re-writing the story where I’ve made mistakes.
There is a nice little paragraph where I have to untangle a couple of things.
And I really don’t know how much more I’ll be able to do tonight.
And after tonight I won’t be able to continue on the story until Wednesday night.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Trying to go for 50k words this month along with the rest?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#2]
<~~~confused...what happened?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I assumed that he was preparing for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) given that all I saw were references to a story and word count. Everyone I know who is planning on doing the event is preping now as if it were a Marathon or something, writing other different things in preparation for writing the 50k in November. I know a few people who are doing a practice 50k run this month, and will be taking next month to strategize before November.

The goal is to write a 50k word novel between November 1st and November 30th. That's only 175 pages, so it isn't too difficult if you aren't into editing as you go along.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I assumed that he was preparing for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) given that all I saw were references to a story and word count. Everyone I know who is planning on doing the event is preping now as if it were a Marathon or something, writing other different things in preparation for writing the 50k in November. I know a few people who are doing a practice 50k run this month, and will be taking next month to strategize before November.

The goal is to write a 50k word novel between November 1st and November 30th. That's only 175 pages, so it isn't too difficult if you aren't into editing as you go along.

Thanks! I was confoosled! And...in the words of Kramer, I am Out---I edit as I type---well I do when it matters, not on ARFCOM
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
What actually happened is this:
Two weeks ago I wrote out a portion of a story that I was using to keep me awake during a Very Dull night.  Warning, imaginary nudity:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=383351
She enjoyed it so much she coughed up the money to make me a Team Member.
She also ask me (told me) to do it again.

So I wrote out Part Two – in 2 parts due to length – and IMed them to her.

I’m now working on Part Three.  I won’t be able to continue it tonight; the story is located on a PC elsewhere at work.  And I won’t be able to access it until tomorrow night.
And as I can’t use the Internet at home there was no way I could continue the story at home.
If you want to see what I’ve read, go and ask her; she might print out what I’ve done so far.

In the meanwhile I’m cooking up Part Four.  How Anna Became a Water Babe.
But that’s another night.
Or three....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top