Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 1:44:21 PM EDT
Where do all you guys (Army, mostly) get those big ass black plastic footlocker things I've seen you dragging to/from/around the AOR?  The AF doesn't issue anything similar and I'd like to buy my own.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen them at some of the PXs and/or clothing sales. If you're close to McChord or Ft. Lewis, check them out, I'm pretty sure I've seen them there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, get them at the PX and they are dirt cheap too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I'll head over to Ft. Lewis tomorrow and check them out.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:17:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, I'll head over to Ft. Lewis tomorrow and check them out.  

Try the clothing sales first as they usually have more in stock than the PX/BX.  It's about a block over from the PX, and just a bit further down.  Behind the bank.
At the PX, if there aren't any in the luggage section, also look in the hardware/outdoor section in the back past the toys and bikes.
I'm assuming that you don't go to Lewis much.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
We got sons at Linen and Things, and also Walmart has/had them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Lowes, Home Depot
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#7]
best bet is the Contico brand, you can find them at Lowes or Home Depot. They are strong enough to handle any abuse, large enough for tons of crap, and make a decent table as well once you get where you are going. Mine has been with me for about 10 years.

Another plus is they are just a few inches under the maximum mailable size, I just sent mine home..... 15 and a wake up!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Another plus is they are just a few inches under the maximum mailable size, I just sent mine home..... 15 and a wake up!

+1 on mailability. I worked for the Post office 2 yrs ago, and I was delivering mail on Ft. Lewis a lot. I saw at least 2 or 3 of the footlockers come in as parcels to deliver. Load them up with the bulky stuff, and mail it home. Just don't go over the 70lb weight limit. We won't like you after that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
best bet is the Contico brand, you can find them at Lowes or Home Depot. They are strong enough to handle any abuse, large enough for tons of crap, and make a decent table as well once you get where you are going. Mine has been with me for about 10 years.

Those contico ones look awesome, I'll hit home depot or lowes this week and see what they have.  Thanks for all the advice guys, I did stop by Ft. Lewis MCSS today and the "gorilla" brand ones didn't look rugged enough.  They do have some nice prices on Surefires there though.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:46:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Academy Sports has them also.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Those contico ones look awesome, I'll hit home depot or lowes this week and see what they have.  Thanks for all the advice guys, I did stop by Ft. Lewis MCSS today and the "gorilla" brand ones didn't look rugged enough.  They do have some nice prices on Surefires there though.  

Yeah dont get the gorrilla. Mine broke before I got to the pallet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Stay away from Gorilla.   The postal unit at our FOB back in Iraq said they are crap.

If you're mailing a footlocker home, put your stuff in a a duffle bag or something first, then put it in the foot locker.  That way if it falls apart, all your Haji DVDs and AAFES pogs don't spill everywhere.  Also, tape the foot locker well with 100mph tape.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top