Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/5/2005 3:24:01 PM EDT
How long after you eat something bad do symptoms usually start to show up?

Aviator
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:25:22 PM EDT
depends. Have you thrown up on your computer yet?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:26:37 PM EDT
no, but almost did this morning
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:27:00 PM EDT
I had FP once...thought I was gonna die!

I was reading something somewhere were most of the time when you get sick (outside of flu and related) its propably a mild food poisoning.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:42:01 PM EDT
I think about 2 hrs after eating. I have had FP twice, the worst I ever felt.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:45:01 PM EDT
www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/17289-3.asp


Food Poisoning Symptoms

Symptoms of food poisoning depend on the type of contaminant and the amount eaten. The symptoms can develop rapidly, within 30 minutes, or slowly, worsening over days to weeks. Most of the common contaminants cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal cramping. Usually food poisoning is not serious, and the illness runs its course in 24-48 hours.



More to read there. Might want to if you get worse.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:45:07 PM EDT
Depends which bug had infected your food.

Bacillus cereus has an incubation period as low as 1 hours.
E Coli 10-18 hours,
E Coli 0157 12-60 hours,
Salmonella 12-48 hours,
Campybacter 1-10 days,
C Botulium 2hours-10days
and there are more like Listeria and C perefinges.

Lots of fluid and rest. If you are severly dehydrated you will need an IV and sometimes antibiotics depending on the bug.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:47:19 PM EDT
Food borne illness: 8 hours for incubation to take place. Get ready to want to die.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:48:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS:
Food borne illness: 8 hours for incubation to take place. Get ready to want to die.



Umm, no it depends on the which bacteria has decided to visit his colon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:50:03 PM EDT
Thanks everyone. I apprecieate the assist. I got sick I guess 6-8 hours after eating something I probably should not have out of the fridge. Violent craps, puking and headache for about 3-4 hours, then just wanted to lay down and die. Feeling better now.


Aviator
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:51:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RED_5:
I had FP once...thought I was gonna die!



And half way through you wish you would die.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:05:22 PM EDT
Let 'er rip!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:10:29 PM EDT
A lot of folks who think they have the flu really have
food poisoning. It's common.

If you've had it, you won't forget.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:15:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

Originally Posted By VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS:
Food borne illness: 8 hours for incubation to take place. Get ready to want to die.



Umm, no it depends on the which bacteria has decided to visit his colon.



Sorry, I should have clarified. The most common food borne illness (of which the occurence is on the rise) is caused by food contaminated with live pathogenic Salmonella. The incubation period for Salmonella is 8-72 hrs with a duration of 2-3 days. You have the symptoms: nausea, vomiting along with abdominal pain, headache, etc.

Salmonella, Staph (1-8hrs), Clostridium Perfringens, Bacillus Cereus, and in some cases Botulism all Incubate in aboiut 8 hours, give or take.

Shigellosis and Listeriosis after about a day, up to 7 days for incubation (indefinate duration depending on treatment)

What did you eat? I can get a better idea of what you have based on the food (implicated)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:20:13 PM EDT
A hot dog from a pack that had been in the fridge a little over a month. Ate that for a snack while I was cooking dinner. For dinner I had Hamburger Helper. The hamburger I just bought two days ago.

Aviator
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:31:52 PM EDT
A coworker of mine while I worked at a movie theater during highschool got E Coli from tainted tacos at Jack in the Crack. He was at work while the symptoms started getting to him. He kept running back and forth to the restroom until he was excused to go home.

He told me the next day he was really out of it and started randomly calling numbers on his phone. Then drove himself to the hospital. They pumped his stomach and he almost died (they had to defribulate him twice). He spent about a week in the hospital just eating so he could throw up and not dry heave since it hurt so much. Got home and still was sick for almost another week. He said he'd rather die than go through that again.

Later he filed a lawsuit to get all his hospital bills paid and won.

If you start feeling sick, go to the doc.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 4:42:29 PM EDT by VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS]

Originally Posted By Aviator:
A hot dog from a pack that had been in the fridge a little over a month. Ate that for a snack while I was cooking dinner. For dinner I had Hamburger Helper. The hamburger I just bought two days ago.

Aviator




I'm guessing salmonellosis (one of over 2,000 types of Salmonella genus of bacteria which cause illness in humans) infection , hopefully you'll feel better by tomorrow. Drink lots of fluids. Be sure you heat processed foods and meat products to at least 140*F prior to consuming, and store them below 40*F. Foods kept between 40*F and 139*F (known as the "danger zone" in the food industry) should be used within 4 hours, and don't reheat any leftovers more than once.

--VT
Top Top