BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2002 2:11:57 PM EDT
It's the soldier not the lawyer who gave us the right to a fair trial

It's the soldier not the journalist who gave us freedom of press

It's the soldier not the writer who gave us freedom of expression

It's the soldier not the student who gave us the right to protest

It's the soldier not the politician who defends and protects the constitution

It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves under the flag. Who's coffin is covered with the flag and provides the freedom for those who choose to burn that flag.

It's the soldier, the simple individual soldier
Who stands at the base of our freedoms.

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
To me, these truths can never be reiterated enough.

When a people forget this hope is lost.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
AND, make sure sheeple realize the cost of thier freedom is not free.  Those of us who have served know that.  Too many of those that have not served thier country take freedom for granted.  I love America and even though I am no longer in the military I would still love to defend her if needed.  I feel helpless when I think about the assholes that would disarm our military and civilian population.  

I just came back from watching "We Were Soldiers" at the theatre.  I've not been so moved since "Saving Private Ryan".  How can anyone be so stupid as to realize the sacrefice that the military made and continue to make for thier country.  It pains me.

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
AND, make sure sheeple realize the cost of thier freedom is not free.  Those of us who have served know that.  Too many of those that have not served thier country take freedom for granted.  I love America and even though I am no longer in the military I would still love to defend her if needed.  I feel helpless when I think about the assholes that would disarm our military and civilian population.  

I just came back from watching "We Were Soldiers" at the theatre.  I've not been so moved since "Saving Private Ryan".  How can anyone be so stupid as to realize the sacrefice that the military made and continue to make for thier country.  It pains me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top