Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2011 1:14:35 AM EDT
With all their uploads of the great meals they have made.....and me stuck at work. As it was, I had two things of yogurt before coming in.

So now the hunger ambition is going of what to make when I get home, in probably 4.5 hours. Ingredient wise, I'm pretty well off. Salmon or ground beef, white or brown rice, noodles or spaghetti, feta or bleu cheese, potatoes, lots of spices. Red and whites in the wine racks.

I probably don't have lemon juice, maybe have limes, and probably no raisins. Salad makings. Dry goods such as various beans, lentils, split peas, sunflower seeds. Olive and peanut oil and flour.

Of course, I have tons of canned goods, Chef Bor R Di, canned fish, chili (and tons of croutons), soups, peas and beans. But that's something of the cheating myself way out. Sure you can have a glass of wine with a can of spaghetti, but what's the point.

Salmon is my usual fare, but right now, I may go for a steak....since the dentist wants to curtail my eating habits in a few weeks for a while. Of course, if I'm going to do steak, it's really not a factor of what I have in the house right now. I just splurge on the way home, pick up a steak or two, alouette cheese, maybe some lemon pepper since I'm not sure of my supply of that, and pan cook it in olive oil, white wine, cheese, lemon pepper, and eventually the rice.

It's not the conservative meals my friends on FB show, rather it is the more expensive meal that some may be jealous of that I can eat like that (and I really shouldn't give into whim shopping).....but such is the life of a Vampirelle on graveyard shift......you dream about meals when you get home that you can sink your teeth into.
(.........."Food, glorious food! We're anxious to try it. Three banquets a day ––Our favourite diet! Just picture a great big steak ––Fried, roasted or stewed. Oh, food, Wonderful food, Marvellous food, Glorous food.....", lyrics, (w,stte), Oliver, "Food, Glorious Food")
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:14:20 AM EDT
[#1]

CHEF
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Well as it was, I bought three steaks, cooked up one in white wine, olive oil, lemon pepper, alouette cheese, served it on rice, had it with red wine and 40% of a French bread loaf.

I'll probably cut the other two steaks in half and freeze them, for another time when I'm feeling frivilous.

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top