Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 3:29:55 AM EDT
Well, I vowed I would not fly anymore when all the security "enhancements" were put into place, but WTF can I do. The space available travel with the Army is damn near useless so to get anywhere out of my driving tolerance I have no choice but to fly. I am going to Florida to enjoy some sun and new scenery for a week. My trip is low cost as I am staying with a friend and do not need to even get a rental car. But I have to fly! I do not want to do that long ass haul from NY by car. I chose JetBlue to Orlando since I have heard they are a good airline. But I am curious how much time I should allot for JFK. 2 hours? 3hours? I am already pissed that I am going to buy a new bag to pack my stuff in, as the one I use to use for short trips has been doubled as an ammo carry bag for recent range trips. The last thing I need is aggravation when gunpowder traces are found in that bag. It is a shame that I have to be concerned about what and how I pack instead of the old what I am forgetting to bring. Have any of you recently flown out of JFK? How long did it take you to get to the terminal? My flight is an early am flight but on a Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:05:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have flown a lot since Sept 11 and haven't had any problems.  I did have to take me shoes off once and I did have my briefcase searched once.  Since your flight is early on Sunday I would suggest that you only need to get there 2 hours before the flight.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#2]
2 Hours is a good rule of thumb. I did the same thing, except the destination (JetBlue out of JFK to SFO for a vacation). It took me actually about half an hour to get through the check-in/security measures, but that was an off time.

Don't know what you'll get, but I think I got the midline treatment. Got run through the detector, then wanded several times, full pat down, remove shoes/belt, whole deal. Next trip I'm looking Amtrak.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top