Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2001 8:19:58 AM EDT
I'm home on leave and have a chance to trade in my  H&K USP 9mm and a Mini14 for a Bushmaster.  The Bushy I was looking at has a fluted barrel and a tactical grip.  It's also a flattop.  

Any of you guys have this set-up.  What do you guys think about it?  
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The Bushy I was looking at has a fluted barrel
View Quote

I would get the non-fluted BBL, and save the $ for more ammo etc.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a 20" fluted V-Match. Very accurate and I like having less weight when carrying it up and down the hills.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
What length bbl.?

I hope you have another duty pistol so you have a sidearm, too.
Sounds like a good trade, although I'd prefer the Hogue grip/forend combo.
The fluted bbl. is a half-pound lighter, I believe.'
Go for it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
NewARGuy is right. I have a 20" flat-top with a vortex flashhider and it carries like a 16" carbine, even with a scope mounted.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I hope you have another duty pistol so you have a sidearm, too.

View Quote

I do.  I've got a Sig 245 that's why i'm willing to trade in my H&K.  I can't stand 9mm either.  Also my mini is jnk compared to my AR so I don't feel bad about losing it either.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 20" A3 flat-top withe a fluted barrel, and I can vouch for the benefits in weight reduction. That's the main advantage of fluting.
Sounds like you're making a good trade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top