Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 4:02:37 PM EDT
I sent the following email to Senator Nelson:

Senator Nelson,

It has been brought to my attention that your office issued the following email:

~~~~~~~
Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns. I support the Second Amendment. But when assault rifles are used to kill children, it's time for America to act.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind in the days ahead as the Senate debates gun control issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson

~~~~~~~
I need to understand why you would go against the will of your constituency when your own poll shows overwhelmingly support AGAINST re-instating the 2004 assault weapons ban:

Senator Bill Nelson Home Page

11.59% FAVOR reinstating the ban
88.22% OPPOSE reinstating the ban
76,158 total votes

Sir, you represent the people of the State of Florida. It is your duty - indeed your obligation - to represent our will and desire. You were not sent to Washington to force your views upon us - you were sent their to represent us. By you ignoring the people you represent - particularly when the position of the people is OVERWHELMINGLY opposed to yours - you are demonstrating that you are out of touch with the people you represent.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is the vehicle for ensuring that the people have a capability to fight back against tyranny. You took an oath - as have I - to support, uphold, and defend the Constitution of the United States. When you ignore the Constitution, you are turning your back against that oath.

Unless you change your position and OPPOSE reinstating the ban, I will do everything in my power to ensure you are voted out of office at the next election.

Sincerely,
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Very well done
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck Bill Nelson
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Keep us posted on his reply.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
See if you can get him kicked out of office.

Freaking politicians now days think their elected to impose their will upon the
very people who voted them into office.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for some bullshit reply that tells you that you don't know what is good for you......
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I voted in that poll twice
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I sent the following email to Senator Nelson:

Senator Nelson,

It has been brought to my attention that your office issued the following email:

~~~~~~~
Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns. I support the Second Amendment. But when assault rifles are used to kill children, it's time for America to act.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind in the days ahead as the Senate debates gun control issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson

~~~~~~~
I need to understand why you would go against the will of your constituency when your own poll shows overwhelmingly support AGAINST re-instating the 2004 assault weapons ban:

Senator Bill Nelson Home Page

11.59% FAVOR reinstating the ban
88.22% OPPOSE reinstating the ban
76,158 total votes

Sir, you represent the people of the State of Florida. It is your duty - indeed your obligation - to represent our will and desire. You were not sent to Washington to force your views upon us - you were sent their to represent us. By you ignoring the people you represent - particularly when the position of the people is OVERWHELMINGLY opposed to yours - you are demonstrating that you are out of touch with the people you represent.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is the vehicle for ensuring that the people have a capability to fight back against tyranny. You took an oath - as have I - to support, uphold, and defend the Constitution of the United States. When you ignore the Constitution, you are turning your back against that oath.

Unless you change your position and OPPOSE reinstating the ban, I will do everything in my power to ensure you are voted out of office at the next election.

Sincerely,

He lied to get into office and he will continue to lie to those who are dumb enough to believe him.   He'll try to back spin and back peddle as much as possible around the time of re-election while selling new lies to insure another elected position.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I fucking hate politics.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Good job!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome, I wrote a similar letter and also put his oath of office in there

Fucker, I'll write another one next week, I'm probably in his spam folder by now
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Silly peasant.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#13]
screw bill nelson, he already banned my pets in my home state.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I support the 2nd Amendment but....
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I support the 2nd Amendment but....

I HATE when they say that, when clearly they have not even read the bill of rights.  They swear an oath (as a formality) to a document they have not read.  "I hunt, and support the 2A, but..."  Hunt?  "Hunt" isn't even in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights, all it takes is money to be a politician.  America is lost, or losing fast.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I always hold out hope we will get rid of this MFer every time he comes up for election.  We have yet to put a decent republican against him.  I will dance in the street when he gets voted out of office.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top