Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 4:13:10 PM EDT
I'll be in Tampa and Beverly Hills this weekend visiting family.  Any ranges in that area?  Indoor or outdoor.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
[bounce]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The one on Dale Mabry is so full of bullshit rules that it isnt worth your trouble, but there is one out on east Fowler or Fletcher Avenue, I forget which. Its an old mobile home built into a range, I have been there several times and they are a pretty good bunch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
There is one called the Wyoming Shooting Club in or around Clearwater.  It is open to the public for about 10 dollars a day.  I shot there when I was in Tampa in July.  It is in the book.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have time for a 30/40 minute drive, consider a ride over to Lakeland.  I4 East, pass the Hooters exit, skip the next exit, and take the next, go south a mile or 2 and follow the signs to the Ticaronda (i think is the name) fish farm. Get close and somebody can lead you in.  

Outdoor range, 5 Station shotgun setup (with 7 or so bird houses), pistol range, 100 yard rifle range, and another shotgun course.  Believe they rent guns too.  No more than $10 for all day range access.

Covered, well constructed benches.  Safe, but somewhat casual range.  Owners/managers let me fire my golf ball blaster there (tube replacing flash hider on Colt sporter, stuff ball down tube, propel with blanks, 600 yards).

Nice place to go shoot.    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top