Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2010 3:21:43 PM EDT
I have a 2 ton steel floor jack (made in the USA) BUT the sucker weighs too much (probably around 80-90 lbs) for me to like loading and unloading in the truck bed.  

Looking around for a "racing" aluminum jack, I ran across the Bend-Pak Ranger RFJ-3000 which is a 3000 pound floor jack.  It weighs about 39 pounds.

I will use it mostly to lift the 2500HD (5500 lb curb weight) to put in the jack stands and rotate the front tire to rear & rear tire to front.

But before spending $200 - I want to see if anyone has any experience with it.  

Yes I know I can get a Harbor Freight aluminum racing floor jack at $60 but I don't trust those and they have bad reviews anymore.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 5:47:34 PM EDT
If you get it I'd be interested in a review.

I have one of the HF aluminum jacks for home use under my car but want something "better" to equip my truck with when I take it way out.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 11:29:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2010 11:32:57 AM EDT by wildearp]
HF has at least three grades of aluminum jacks.  If you use it within its rating, it is just fine.  Always use a jack stand if you are under the car.  

I use the middle of the line HF aluminum jack and have for many years. It lifts my Ram 1500, although I think it is slightly underrated for it.  This jack does not leak.  

Their price leader $60 jack isn't good for anything but lightweight ricers.

What is the price on the bendpac?  Post a photo.

Here is a review.  I see it is only a 3000lb jack.  Meh.
Top Top