Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/30/2005 12:17:54 AM EDT
I live in Virginia. My inusrance company would not insure me against flood.

If I lived in a flood zone, I would haved to have had Federal flood insurance.

The flooding of New Orleans is going to cost the U.S.A. +200 billion dollars.

Did the property owners in New Orleans pay their fair share?

Had they paid their PROPER premiums, would the rest of the U.S. now be picking up the tab?

Given the expensive premiums to cover the true cost of "developing" New Orleans, what was everyone thinking when the U.S. decided to "subsidize" the "development" of New Orleans???

We now have several choices...raise taxes to pay for this "unexpected" catastrophe.

Cut back on the "War On Terrorism"?

Renege on the "promise" of "insuring" New Orleans against an iminenent, foretold disaster?

Republicans and Democrats have (and have had) their heads up their their asses.

This is a failure of National proportions on EVERY front.

I am sick. I want to puke my guts out. And puke them out again and again.

This country, and its pathetic populace, is going to get eveything coming to it.

Perhaps, we, as citizens, should refuse to pay our taxes, until this "government" get it's act together.

This is the highest of criminal offences, transcending all partisan politics.

I am appalled to the deepest level of my being.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:07:05 AM EDT
No flame intended but, you sir sound quite naive. It would appear you have little idea who/how much the Federal Government "bails out" ... or your guts would already have been long gone. Ask anyone that works for them to give an honest estimate of the percentage of their Federal agency/bureau/etc's budget is pissed f'ing away!!! Even though it's been "cut" lately, the waste is truly horrifying to almost anyone with their eyes open. Example ... Blackwater & others have contracts for security in NO for anything from $200-500+ per day per man. Just what do you think THAT is actually costing out for you ... the taxpayer??? Grit your teeth, personally stop the waste if you can, pay up when you can't, and vote. Well...that's probably more soapbox then anyone needs this morning. Off to work. Stay safe
FWIW, I pretty much agree with your post & you sure don't want me starting on insurance companies.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:36:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 2:02:31 PM EDT by TR]

Originally Posted By sparkyCG:
No flame intended but, you sir sound quite naive. It would appear you have little idea who/how much the Federal Government "bails out" ... or your guts would already have been long gone. Ask anyone that works for them to give an honest estimate of the percentage of their Federal agency/bureau/etc's budget is pissed f'ing away!!! Even though it's been "cut" lately, the waste is truly horrifying to almost anyone with their eyes open. Example ... Blackwater & others have contracts for security in NO for anything from $200-500+ per day per man. Just what do you think THAT is actually costing out for you ... the taxpayer??? Grit your teeth, personally stop the waste if you can, pay up when you can't, and vote. Well...that's probably more soapbox then anyone needs this morning. Off to work. Stay safe
FWIW, I pretty much agree with your post & you sure don't want me starting on insurance companies.

I am naive. I am Conservative (stop mollycoddling every "disadvantaged" special-interest group). I am Liberal (I know that the Bible is not the "Truth").

I am, perhaps, stupid (although graduating in the top 1% of my class at U of ** (( in accounting no less)) leads me to think that I 'm at least as (or not) as stupid as 99% of my fellow "classmates"... and I can live with that).

New Orleans has a valid "place" in many areas of American life, past and present, economically, culturally, socially, historically.

One of the points I am making is that if everyone would have adhered to generally accepted risk assessment policies and procedures (let alone, good sense), either the population of New Orleans would have been 1/4 of what it was or New Orleans would have been located in a better location..

How much waste, fraud, and incompetence can you stomach? And, this touches, and goes beyond, soooo many facets and elements of our individual and collective lives!

"Pay up when I can't" ?

The Federal Gov't is THE final insurer of our National health and well being. We've got a lot of sick patients and the "insurer" itself is on very shaky ground.

I distrust all levels of government. And yet I do vote.

I also have 10,000,000 rounds of various calibers of ammo.

"Bullets will be the currency of the New Millenium."

So... more than anything else, I want the United States to be a leader of the rest of the world (if you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes). And, I WILL do MY part (if even only out of enlightened self- interest) to help to make this world a place of which EVEN the "Gods" will feel proud.

"Hey, wanna buy some real estate real cheap? Have I got a deal for you."

A fool and his money SHOULD be soon parted... but I would hope that there would not be more fools willing to hop on the same ridiculous, never-ending, bandwagon of pathetic, self-perpetuated spiral of decline.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:44:23 PM EDT

I am naive.... I am, perhaps, stupid... I am Liberal...

Can't argue with you on those points.

I also have 10,000,000 rounds of various calibers of ammo... Bullets will be the currency of the New Millenium.... A fool and his money SHOULD be soon parted...

Sounds like you parted with a bunch of your money on all that ammo.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 4:02:20 PM EDT by TR]

Originally Posted By xinflt:

I also have 10,000,000 rounds of various calibers of ammo... Bullets will be the currency of the New Millenium.... A fool and his money SHOULD be soon parted...

And I can still feed, clothe and house myself!

I think it a "good" investment. I don't think (in a pinch) I'd have a problem finding a buyer for my "excess".

Heck, you can't even get Q3131A nowadays, and everything else has gone up 15% in the last year alone.

Beats the return on my statement savings account anyways!

But...I won't sell any to you at any price.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:07:43 PM EDT

You must be a chicken.

Hunting and pecking on the ground for the bits that you find the most tasty and enticing and then forming an opinion based upon that.

Brrruuckkk brrruuuccckkk brrrccaawww.

Cockadoodledoo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:25:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TR:

You must be a chicken.

Hunting and pecking on the ground for the bits that you find the most tasty and enticing and then forming an opinion based upon that.

Cockadoodledoo.

Seriously

Did you put too many zeros in that number, or do you really have ten million rounds of ammo?

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:36:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 6:04:38 PM EDT by TR]

Originally Posted By bmick325:

Originally Posted By TR:

You must be a chicken.

Cockadoodledoo.

Seriously

Did you put too many zeros in that number, or do you really have ten million rounds of ammo?

Well, being an accountant, I know how many zeroes make a million.

e.g. 10 to the 6th = 1,000,000.

My zero to your power of ten = nothing at all.

And...only ammoman has more than 10 rounds on hand.

And... he has a license.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:59:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TR:

Someone's got to do it...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 6:17:15 PM EDT by TR]

Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:

Originally Posted By TR:

Someone's got to do it...

Oh damn, you called me bluff.

I only have 10 rounds on hand. And thats .22lr for that matter.

Damn you, you bastage.

And... I'm not really an accountant... but merely a fry cook...at a venerable establishment known as the ...

...Krusty Krab!

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:08:36 PM EDT
CB caps, right???
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:15:33 PM EDT
BB caps. And to top all of this depressing talk off...Hilliary will be the next president. I think I'll just cap myself now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:36:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gforcejunkie:
BB caps. And to top all of this depressing talk off...Hilliary will be the next president. I think I'll just cap myself now.

You know...that is always an option.

You could be a crack baby born in Des Moines....and grow up to be President....umm...

....I don't think so.

Yeah a cap.. that's it.

FWIW...I have a lived fantastically, full, happy life. I don't know why... I have been so, so blessed.

P.S.P.S.P.S..... I have not had children....nor do I want any....

......beyond the "standard" answer of "having" children.... what would you all recommend as to giving me and gforcejunkie some "verve".

And no Jesus either. Let's assume there is no Jesus!

What say you?....

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:17:05 PM EDT
Hmmm no Jesus and no kids....

It's pretty quiet.

Beyond those standard answers...there don't appear to be many others.

It seeems to me that breeding and religion are the standard answers to all of our problems.

It also really seems to me that religion and breeding are the source of most of our problems.

Where's a cap when needed?

Take two caps and call me in the morning....

Prescription drug benefit?

Go take a float on an ice cap.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:42:42 PM EDT
When I think about my IMPENDING death.

I think about how happy I was before I was born.

Even if it was only 6000 years ago that all life was created, I'm .44.

Gee, that means that I missed all of the fun for the last 5956 years.

Wow, all that "fun" I missed.

And, even if I were only conceived in the womb, I would still be enjoying the everlasting BLISS that has characterized human existence since the "Dawn of Time" (i.e, 6000 years ago)...

I hope and pray to not be afraid to go back from whence I came.

More than anything, that is what I want.

P.S. what about all of the slaves in ancient Egypt ( and elsewhere in our "short" history) that died horrible shitty deaths that were not Christians? ...and every other "Heathen" that has died a horrible shitty death at the hands of some other bastage? Where do they go, not being Christians themselves?

Wherever I'm going, I'll see you there.

Top Top