Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 5:08:35 AM EDT
I can't believe it, not only did this clown get some face time with Brigitte Neilson, now he has another show on VH1 - The House of Flav!!!  Will somebody PULEEEZZEE take this guy off the air!!!

Flava Flav participated in Public Enemy as second rapper or vocalist (vocals were mostly done by Chuck D), and as the band's drummer. His stuttering vocal style has influenced rappers including Busta Rhymes and Ol' Dirty Bastard. Providing a comic foil to the political message of Chuck D, some credit Flav with the development of the role of the rap sidekick. While in the group, Flav had numerous brushes with the law. During the time of the band's success, Flav was also a heavy drug abuser, most notably crack, and had his license suspended at least 43 times, though he is proudly clean as of 2004.

Flav credits himself as having been the originator of the current platinum grill craze in hip-hop fashion. (WHY, WHY, WHY??!!!) Though Flav himself has vehemently stated that he would never wear platinum teeth himself, his near-constant wearing of gold teeth has inspired other rappers to get gold or platinum teeth, he claims. Given that no noticeable celebrity wore gold-plated teeth prior to Public Enemy's success, Flav's comments are arguably accurate.

He often wears a clock around his neck, stating that observers will "know what time it is...". These clocks became one of Flav's trademarks, along with comic sunglasses. Flav is also known to wear flashy colors, such as hot pink, and a metal-horned helmet on his head, while Chuck D used to perform in dark colours, and the Security of the 1st World wear military uniform. Flav realizes that his style is bizarre, and he is proud of his own uniqueness.

Flav has reportedly completed two solo albums, both of which were rejected by his record label, Def Jam. A third LP, It's About Time, was due to be released in 1999 but never appeared. (HA HA HA!!!)

In 2004, Flavor Flav appeared in the third season of The Surreal Life on VH1, in which he had an on-screen relationship with Brigitte Nielsen. He and Brigitte continued their odd pairing on VH1's reality show Strange Love.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:16:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe they found ANY woman that would want to be with this clown! I might have to watch the show just to see if they are actually breathing! BTW-Bridget is no prize either IMHO. Hard to believe Stalone hit that...

-John
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]
This show has been on for a while,I think it's a spin off from another show.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I like Flav, met him and a kid (his son?) at a 24 hour Embers after a PE show many years ago.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]

FLAV is living proof that ANYBODY can make it in America .  Just gotta have a good agent .
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Boyee, don't make us come bust up your spot.

Ya can't stop the bum rush Holmes.

Lampin', I'm lamping...I'm cold, cold lampin'.

Can't truss it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's a suggestion.............don't watch.  I sure as hell won't be.  I stopped watching MTV and VH1 a long time ago when they started their anti-gun rhetoric plus their programming went to shit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#8]
YEAH, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
YEAH, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Flava FLAAAAAAAAAAAAV!!!!

Eh, lighten up. He's having a good time. He drives me nuts, but at least he seems to be enjoying himself.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#11]
One of my favorite "signature phrases" that I've developed over the years is:

"do me a fave, flava flav!!!"

If I need a favor...you could be the next "Flava Flav"........cuz I'm all about the Hip Hop, yo!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#13]
"...this man's legal name is 'Flava Flav', I'll allow it."
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Brigitte Nielsen is lookin rough... IIRC, didn't she leave her husband for Stallone, then Stallone for Gastineau, then Gastineau for someone else? Does she have any particular talent?

Never heard of the guy but do recall pictures of some yoyo wearing a giant clock - is it a common thing?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Brigitte Nielsen is lookin rough... IIRC, didn't she leave her husband for Stallone, then Stallone for Gastineau, then Gastineau for someone else?

Gastineau of "The Gastineau Girls"?  Boy, didn't know she swings that way.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Super Greg Numba 1

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#17]
His parents must be proud
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#18]
His show is going to he
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, why do clowns get their own "show" at a circus?

Seriously, i don't think there are many people who can match this guys odd behavior and sense of style. If he is weird enough that they can make a TV show about him, i'll probably let my morbid curiousity sample a episode or two. If ya'll want to be famous yourselves, just act nutty and crazy when people are watching and pretty soon you'll be a celebrity.

PS: Having a talent (and rapping is a talent despite you naysayers) would be helpful

PSS: talents like marksmanship and reloading unfortunately do not translate well to pop culture sucess.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Who?

And who watches VH1?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Cmon... That guy is pretty cool to watch... Takes all kinds...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#22]
9-1-1 isa joke in yo town! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Cmon... That guy is pretty cool to watch... Takes all kinds...

So what kind is he?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top