Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2014 1:35:45 PM EST
Greetings,

I have a Philips 42" HD LCD that has developed a green tint on the screen and quickly turns back off when turned on. Is this a motherboard issue? I appreciate your help
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:56:26 AM EST
Sounds like something's messed up on the video board. First thing I would do is open it up and check the capacitors. If they look blown, get them replaced or do it yourself. There's plenty of documentation online on how to do it, just do a search for "blown capacitor on tv" or something. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:40:31 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:
Sounds like something's messed up on the video board. First thing I would do is open it up and check the capacitors. If they look blown, get them replaced or do it yourself. There's plenty of documentation online on how to do it, just do a search for "blown capacitor on tv" or something. Hope this helps.
View Quote

unfortunately he's got the right idea.
Unless you're set up for it and highly skilled, today's TVs don't have a lot of other things for you to repair.
You might get lucky and see something obvious. but other than that you're pretty much done for.

Take it from a guy who's done electronics for about 40 years now. today's TVs are cheap enough to throw away and buy another one.

Tall shadow

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:37:01 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:
View Quote

I had the same problem, i had two capacitors blow, i desoldered them and resoldered 2 new ones that were slightly larger in size that i got from radio shack for less than 2 bucks. Its been working solid ever since. That was two years ago. There is a good tutorial Here

If you have rudamentry soldering skills its easy, just becarful taking the TV apart. That was the hardest part.
Top Top