User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 3:15:20 PM EDT
Favorite lights for
1) EDC
2) Keep in the car
3) Bedside table
4) Yard patrol
5) Mount on weapons

What are the best manufacturers/brands of batteries ( 123A, AA AAA ets..)
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
5D Maglite for EDC
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
When money is tight Fenix. If you have cash to burn Surefire.. I get most of my batteries at no cost to me so I am of no help there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
EDC-65 lumen 1x123 Surefire L1 with E1B clip and 4sevens Preon Revo 1xaaa in pocket
Bedside--Surefire Centurion C2 with 260 lumen Malkoff M61 drop in
Backyard, Surefire L7 Lumamax rechargeable, 100 lumens
Vehicles, G2X pros

Favorite all around? Surefire LX2. Nearly the perfect flashlight, just a bit longer than I like to carry in the office. Hence the L1.

Most used? toss up, Surefire K2 Kroma set to low red for checking on the kids, or a Maglite Xl100 with Surefire 1" F04 diffuser set to lowest setting.

Weapons, Mix of Surefire Scouts and 1" mounted lights on long guns, pistols have a mix of Streamlight and Surefire.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thorfire VGS15 for when I travel and don't care if it gets stolen or something happens to it. $22.99

Nitecore P12GT - EDC
Fenix PD35 - EDC

Nitecore NL189 18650 3400mah 3.7v batteries and Nitecore D4 Intelligent Smart Charger
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
1. Foursevens PK Knight
2. Nightcore P30
3. Nightcore P30
4. Fenix TK75 or Nightcore P30
5. Inforce WML or Streamlight TLR1 HL
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Favorite lights for
1) EDC  - Fenix PD22
2) Keep in the car - Fenix TK20R (micro-USB rechargeable)
3) Bedside table - Surefire M6 
4) Yard patrol - Olight m3x Javelot (Awesome long throw light)
5) Mount on weapons - Streamlight TLR1-HL (pistol or AR, great for either)

What are the best manufacturers/brands of batteries ( 123A, AA AAA ets..) - CR123 Batteryjunction in-house brand, Titanium something.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Favorite lights for
1) EDC
2) Keep in the car
3) Bedside table
4) Yard patrol
5) Mount on weapons

View Quote

1. Quark, 1xAA with 14500 liion, QP2L  with 16650 but both these are replaced with different models in 4Sevens linup if you don't already have them.
2. Maglite 2C with Malkoff XPG HCRI (Lots of reach out in the country), Surefire E2e with Tana drop in older more programmable version is great for shorter ranges and it has wide beam like an incan bulb P6.
3. VME Malkoff head FiveMega E head 6P tail switch host with 18650 cells.
4.  Whatever handy.
5.  Ohlight M20 XPG in FAB Defense OS-1 offset with spring loaded bar release,  6P host LED backup.

Either E2e or FiveMega host LED conversions or Z2 host with Lumenfactory warm xpg drop-in is great for Rodgers hold with pistol if you are checking something outside and don't want to use a pistol mounted light.  I have all three.

Eneloop is the best AA and AAA.

One of the big brand Nimh is just rebranded Eneloop but don't recall which.  IIRC it was the fast charging advertised brand.

There are a few good brands for 18650s.  Illumination Supply, Orbtronic, AW etc.  I stay away from single cell rechargeables for the most part but I had great luck with yellow Spiderfires YMMV.
Surfires are high quality consistently.  
If you are going to go with single CR123 format you may be just as well off using disposable/primary cells since they have much better capacity vs 16340 cells.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Favorite lights for
1) EDC
2) Keep in the car
3) Bedside table
4) Yard patrol
5) Mount on weapons

View Quote

1. Surefire Titan Plus
2. Surefire E1B
3. Surefire Fury Tactical
4. Surefire Mini Scout on my rifle
5. Surefire Mini Scout/Scout/X300 Ultra
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Favorite lights for
1) EDC                  Thrunite TI3 (on keychain) - AMAZING little light.  I also keep a Klarus 11GT in my laptop bag so it's with me when I leave the house.
2) Keep in the car        There's a Costco 3-pack stlye 3AAA, 250 lumen cheapie in the car, and also Klarus, which I can charge from the USB charger in the car, and a Fenix T1 in the trunk.
3) Bedside table          Klarus 11GT (different one)
4) Yard patrol              takes 5 min to choose one from the pile on my desk.  usually Jetbeam JetIIIM, or Jetbeam PA10 (on 14500's) or a Klarus 11GT or Jetbeam PA40 or 1000 lumen 3C maglight sized thing from lowes

5) Mount on weapons    Jetbeam JetIIIM (different one from above)

Right now, I'm standardized on 18650's for the "full size tactical" lights, and AA for general use lights and AAA for the special small things like the thrunite ti3.  I try to avoid CR123 because they are disposable and everything I run is chargeable.  I have a solar panel I can charge all of the above, and RCR123's for the Fenix T1, eneloop adapters to put AA in all the C size lights, and eneloop AA's for anything general purpose.  I especially like the Klarus not only because they kick ass, but also because the USB port can charge directly from my laptop, external battery, solar, etc, without having to carry a separate charger device.  

right now I use only Eneloop for AA,AAA, Klarus and ultrafire brand 18650's.   I found Wish.com, and got a 4 pack of 14500's for the Jetbeam PA10 for 4 bucks, and they work great, so I am getting to be a fan of wish.  The Klarus provided 18650's are better than my ultrafire's for sure.  And Eneloop is the only AA I will use.  

One thing I will say is I try like heck to stay away from the high power lights running on 3 AAA's because they drain so fast it makes them barely usable.  usually around 250 lumens and its gone in 45 mins.  I did however find that for headlamp coast has a 2 pack at costco that is a 3 AAA but it is focusable, and it goes from super wide angle with no depth to a very usable spot with still a lot of flood.  For under $20 I am totally impressed, especially because they have a serious 450 lumen output, with very reasonable step down to 100 and 10, so very very useable.  It's the one exception I make to the no 3 AAA lights rule.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to candlepowerforums.com for a flashlight education.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm really diggen' the fenix PD 35 Tac I recently bought .....
I carry it everyday !
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 on the Thrunite TI3, got turned on to this little light on the survival forum here, and it's really grown on me. It's my always-EDC.

Fenix LD09 is my most-of-the-time EDC and used for almost everything, and the Fenix LD41 is my bump-in-the-night light cannon
(when I'm not using NVGs first.)

Batteries are eneloop NiMH for all, or Everready lithium disposables in special circumstances (e.g. hiking and backups where I won't
have a charger.)
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Favorite lights for
1) EDC
2) Keep in the car
3) Bedside table
4) Yard patrol
5) Mount on weapons

View Quote

1) Manker e12 or Peak Eiger mule
2) Malkoff AA edc
3) HDS EDC tactical clicky (hds is the shit)
4) same as #3
5) surefire m951
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top