Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:46:26 PM EDT
Bushmaster is selling both the lowers and the uppers now.

I got an eyeful of that Type 97S with its 4lb. weight when I was looking through their catalog. I recieved my Mini-Y Comp today, paged through the included catalog (damn marketing geniuses!)and began salivating.

They're selling the barrels, too, and an adapter for other types of comps. I am wondering what parts would work in this gun; would a standard parts kit do the trick, or is there some sort of shortened carrier-thing going on? How about fore-ends?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you brag about recieving a mini-y comp?

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bushmaster is selling both the lowers and the uppers now.

I got an eyeful of that Type 97S with its 4lb. weight when I was looking through their catalog. I recieved my Mini-Y Comp today, paged through the included catalog (damn marketing geniuses!)and began salivating.

They're selling the barrels, too, and an adapter for other types of comps. I am wondering what parts would work in this gun; would a standard parts kit do the trick, or is there some sort of shortened carrier-thing going on? How about fore-ends?

What!?!?    

TC
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta agree on the mini Y.  IT'S LOUD! as for the carbon 15 , yes the type 97  uses a short carrier.  As well as a diffrent buffer spring and buffer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude.............You'll shoot your eye..err..blow you ears out!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thrilled to take that mini-y off my rifle after the ban ended!  I would of thought it was discontinued by now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gotta agree on the mini Y.  IT'S LOUD! as for the carbon 15 , yes the type 97  uses a short carrier.  As well as a diffrent buffer spring and buffer.

Loud? I shoot .30-06 and 8mm all the time, how the hell's the AR with a Mini-Y loud? I've shot it before, and while there's an interesting "wheezing" sound with the pop, it ain't any louder than anything else I have. Now, when you're standing to the side, it'll blow your hat off...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top