Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 11:31:21 AM EDT
Goin warm up the old airboat this afternoon for duck season this fall.  It's really great fun that's hard to duplicate with anything else. Any of you have an airboat?
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't own one, but I have ridden on a few in the Everglades, VERY LOUD.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
that's how we use to traffic stuff.Up until the local SWAT Team started performing "tactical amphibious police action" with their rubber ninja suits,and Navy SEAL suppressed sub-machineguns.They have often fired on us BEFORE saying "police"
they used city money to buy a LAV (amphibious APC) and they have kept the 20mm instead of replacing it with the "flare launcher" like they promised the mayor.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!:) :) :)
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#3]
:) if you cant outrun a LAV in the water their is somthing wrong with your airboat. If you pilot the airboat correctly & keep your distance you wont have to worry about the 25mm either.
Everglades Echo6
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Goin warm up the old airboat this afternoon for duck season this fall.  It's really great fun that's hard to duplicate with anything else. Any of you have an airboat?
View Quote

Launching at Bayou Benoit or Charenton ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The Marshfield landing at Lake Fausse Point. My brother and I usually hunt together and he wanted to try out his new Lab today.  Well, I guess it wasn't too bad for her first day in the boat.  We had just taken off when she jumped ship.  We circled around and picked her up.  (Another advantage of an airboat -- you don't have to worry about running over your dog with your prop.) A few minutes later she got nervous and decided to take a dump on my deck.  A few minutes later she peed on my deck. After we got to Sandy Cove she made one retrieve before we realized it was going to be too awkward to get her back in the boat every time.  So we came back to the marshfield canal that has sloping banks where we worked her a few more times.  Not bad for her first time!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya ! I launch at "Choupique" landing myself to fish the "Dog Leg" etc. Biggest bass I've ever caught made Channel 10 in 1977. It was 7 pounds and caught it were the canal meets the lake under some floating trash. Old man "Julian Gajan" was with me. They showed it on TV, never got my fish back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top