Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2013 5:43:03 PM EDT
Took the wife and dog on a fishing adventure to a river we don't normally fish.  The dog had a blast wading and playing in the water, but the fishing sucked.  Now I remember why we don't normally go there.  On a whim we decided to drive up the mountain to one of our favorite grouse hunting spots and take a little walk behind the road gate.  The day was salvaged.  We found the natural equivalent to the smell of napalm in the morning, huckleberries were ripe. VICTORY!  We only got 3 or 4 cups full, but that's more than enough for a couple of my wifes amazing pies.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
A bad day of fishing is always better than a bad day at work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A bad day of fishing is always better than a bad good day at work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
correction... the fishing was great... its just the catching that wasn't so hot!
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Dam, exactly what i was going to say!!!
Quoted:
correction... the fishing was great... its just the catching that wasn't so hot!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Took the wife and dog on a fishing adventure to a river we don't normally fish.  The dog had a blast wading and playing in the water, but the fishing sucked.  Now I remember why we don't normally go there.  On a whim we decided to drive up the mountain to one of our favorite grouse hunting spots and take a little walk behind the road gate.  The day was salvaged.  We found the natural equivalent to the smell of napalm in the morning, huckleberries were ripe. VICTORY!  We only got 3 or 4 cups full, but that's more than enough for a couple of my wifes amazing pies.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/MT-mtntrapper/Hucks_zps6f59afea.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#6]
So in your other fishing spots the fishing is good even when the dog is playing in the water?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#7]
i have been fishing more than once, when people walking dogs, would jump in swim around, the people would apologize, but it never bothered me, as MOST of the time right after I would catch fish! Pan fish, and pike, its like the feel all the vibrations, and have to come investigate.

Quoted:
So in your other fishing spots the fishing is good even when the dog is playing in the water?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A bad day of fishing is always better than a bad day at work.
View Quote

AMEN!
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Our other spot has shallows on one side where he can wade .  We fish from there and cast to the deeper channel on the other side.  It's a rock bottom trout river.  Sometimes when he's wading he'll turn over some rocks and the aquatic nymphs and larvae get swept out of their hiding places.  The downstream section from that get a natural chum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top