Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2001 12:45:40 PM EDT
Never thought it would happen but I actually wore out a .22 rifle snake bore.  Was just looking at it and thought it looked a little worn, and then it broke.  It broke right below the woven brass cleaning brushes.

So...

[b]Chaingun's Trading Post[/b]
One well worn and broken .22 snake bore cleaning brush dealie.

Would like to trade for AR lower if possible...
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had it for 2 years, and used it every 2 weeks.  I would have expected a longer duration.   Paid $12 at CheaperThanDirt, so will order another.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you really like that thing? Quicker than a brush and mop? What's the process you usually follow? I may give one a try in my beater rifles.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I got several of those bore cleaner and they work very well.  

My usual procedure is to run one snake soaked in cleaner through the barrel 3 or 4 times.  That is followed by a clean/dry snake 2-3 times.  It takes less than 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#5]
They work pretty good.  I got one for my revolver, and wish I had some other calibers.  If bought all I need, it would be at least $100 worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top