Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2002 4:32:01 PM EDT
Yep, made the final drive last night and got in at 12:30am.  Still reeling from how quickly everything happened (and how punch drunk tired I am).

The UHaul didn't break down.  The dogs and cats didn't escape enroute.  The horses loaded wonderfully... even my baby, Lily, who had never been on a trailer before.  My momma, bless her heart, flew in to help me clean and prep the house.  

And.... :::drumroll please::  I got a signed contract on my house (for sale by owner) six days after putting it on the market and two hours before I left the state.  The best part is that I think they are going to be good neighbors to the people that live there.  That was very important to me.  

Soooo.... what'd I miss??  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You missed me, didn't you?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Well done MM. Glad to see everything worked out for you.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats Sara [beer]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
MM, what part of the state?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish you well in the land of my "coal miner's daughter" mother!

Where in KY are ya?  My wife and I visit infrequently.

Hope you do well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I knew there was a reason that everything in Louisville today seemed a little brighter, that the Bluebirds were chirping in a beautiful harmony, the flowers were prettier.....

Welcome to Louisville, MM! [:)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations! [b]Miss_Magnum[/b], on your successful move [u]and[/u] the prompt sale of your former home!

What happened while you were away?

Why [u]nothing[/u], [b]Honey[/b], we were all too busy missing [u]you[/u]! [:D]

Eric The(Lonesome)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Speaking of Kentuckyy, who is going to the the Louisville show in Sept?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to KY Sara! Glad everyone made it ok. You definately need to check out the photoshop board. There is some interesting work there.

Also check this out. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=8&t=138133[/url]

See ya!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to KY!!  I would like to come to that Louisville show, but it's on the same weekend that bow season starts, so........
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
... how bizzarre! Just today I was wondering how [b]Miss_Magnum[/b] was doing with her new move.

... Good to hear no catastrophies. Let us know when your housewarming party commences!
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad everything went your way! So......ya still smokin????[;D]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Now you'll be closer to the 2nd annual BRC!!

[8D]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Congrats Sara [beer]
View Quote

Well said.

Congrats MM
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#18]
It's good to see that things are working out well.
So, are you going to get married and have kids with this new guy?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 2:23:36 AM EDT
[#19]
You are missed.

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Grrrreat... more photoshopping?  LOL  

The new guy and I are still talking but he went out last night to a bachelor's party and called me at 1:30am because he needed a ride home..... woke my momma up who works weekends and she was PISSED.  She now refers to him as "the jackass."  Oh well... she's never really liked any guy I've ever dated/married.  ::wry grin::  

I am currently cleaning momma's house and unpacking.  It is, literally, a mad house here... my momma takes in stray and abused animals like myself but to a greater degree.  We're just waiting for someone to call the city on us for having ELEVEN freakin' dogs here.  

I am still trying to find a home for the little doxie that "found" me two days before I left Virginia with the animals.  He's a doll... great little dog.  Anybody in Louisville need a portable, and yet fairly macho, dog?  [:D]

Went and saw the horses and goats yesterday... they are all well although my thoroughbred dropped some weight from the stress of the move.... no big surprise there.  One of my babies, Kate, was screaming for me as I left the pasture and the stables.  Kills me... I'm so used to seeing them all the time that this will be an adjustment for both of us.  I am hoping, though, that being at an active barn will encourage me to ride more... I really need to finishing breaking the three year olds to saddle and get some miles on them.  

Other than that.. I'm unpacking and getting ready for my first day at my new job tomorrow.  Kind of excited.  [:D]

Thank you for all the warm, mushy sentiments, guys.  [:p]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top