Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 11:48:10 AM EDT
[url]http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-12351665,00.html[/url]

US MAKE FIRST 9/11 FILM

Hollywood is for the first time recreating the events surrounding the deadly terror strikes on New York and Washington to mark the second anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

The TV film, being made by Showtime Networks Inc, will depict the attacks from the viewpoint of events at the White House following the strikes.

Titled 'DC 9/11', the movie starts on the morning of the attacks and follows President Bush's dramatic journey back to Washington immediately after hijacked jets ploughed into the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon.

The docudrama will also follow his first historic visit to Ground Zero, the site of the fallen twin towers in New York, as the world reeled from the impact of the attacks.

"Based on real life accounts, the film will interweave actual footage from these haunting events," a Showtime source said

The movie will star Timothy Bottoms as Mr Bush, Scott Alan Smith as White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer, Lawrence Pressman as Vice President Dick Cheney and Penny Johnson Jerald as National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Well if it's [i]Swhotime[/i] i'm sure it will be top quality. [BD]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
its goin to be EXACTLY like 44minutes..its goin to show normal ppl gettin up for work and dramatic goodbyes to family,, i wanna see what is goin on , on the planes (speculations of course) and the ppls thoughts as they jumped from the towers. (ballsy ass ppl in my book). i have a feeling its goin to be alot of fluff. (hey this IS hollywood, wink wink)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I`m sure its going to show that klinton did everything in his power to prevent this... And Bush having a hangover.

Gotta love those whollywood idiots.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
That's not true. Michael Moore's been doing pre-production for a movie about 9/11 for a few months.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
What about "9/11: The Filmmakers"?

Its a documentary, sure, but I think it qualifies as a recreation.

Really good movie by the way.  Really brings back all the feelings you felt that day.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#6]
they'll probably change the villans to nazis like "sum of all fears"
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#7]
The movie is probably going to blame the gunners for this disaster.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#8]
9/11 is not a story that needs to be told, or an event that our memories require refreshing from time to time so we don't loose our perspective on what happened.

It was only a matter of time before Hollywood decided to cash in on 9/11. I for one will never see the movie.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Isn't Timothy Bottomfeeder Susan Saranwrapped's male person friend?

That is enough right there for me not to watch this movie.  You know the direction of the slant this one will take.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is enough right there for me not to watch this movie.  You know the direction of the slant this one will take.

Bilster
View Quote

No he is not. her sideshoe freak is tim robbins.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Timothy Bottoms was really funny in "That's My Bush", but I hope he can turn around and convey the true intellect and character of Dubya.  He deserves it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#12]
"the film will interweave actual footage from these haunting events"

Well, this is a sure fire way for a movie to suck.
I'll be sure to miss it.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I would not watch it if I were paid to.
AB
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I kinda think they will leave out the part, were Dick Cheney sits down with Bush on Airforce One with a high ranking airforce officer and they have the discussion about "if there are really 20.000 Americans dead, If and who we should use nuclear weapons on.

Now I'd watch it for sure if it had that part.

[naughty]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bilster
View Quote

No he is not. her sideshoe freak is tim robbins.
View Quote

I stand corrected.

Bilster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top