Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2007 5:01:27 AM EDT
Tried this recipe from McCormick's

They make seasonings for slow cookers

Whipped it up

Pic about 1/2 way through before I flipped the pork sirloin roast, looks kind of gross at this point

Had chunks of fat and skin (?) floating around so I removed the roast and strained the juices

Poured back in the crockpot along with the pork, started some pre-pulling,

Stuff turned out great, but the sauce wasn't as thick as I'd hope.  Anyway, nice lean pork, tangy sauce, I loved it!

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats cool. I did the same thing yesterday for the first time in mine I got for christmas. I went with a non vinegar based sauce that gave better results. It was great.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
nice pix man
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Gonna be doing something similar with a picnic shoulder roast in a cast iron dutch oven here in a little while.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
To get the juice thicker, leave the pot on and leave the lid off.
The water will evaporate off.
If you want more of a gravy, take a teaspoon of cornstarch, dump it into a drink glass, pour in about a shotglass full of water, mix it thoroughly until it looks like white water, then dump it into the crock and mix it up evenly....juice will thicken right up in a nice gravy.

Pulled pork is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#5]
You realize such a thing is a Class 1 felony in NC?

Pulled pork is meant to be slow cooked over a bed of coals with vinegar sauce. Heathen!
I don't see any cole slaw or hush puppies either, tack on another five to ten.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Pulled pork is meant to be slow cooked over a bed of coals with vinegar sauce. Heathen!

Class 1 felony?

Hell, that's a capital offense in this part of the state.    The lack of slaw and hush puppies would only serve to expedite the sentence.

Looks good, though.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I agree 75%!!

Pork needs this:

Some South Carolina mustard based, tangy PARADISE!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Flip one of those seasoning packages over and note the amount of sodium listed.

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1

however...in a pinch this is agood way to go....sometimes you cant mind a smoker for 6 hours
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#10]
What is it with you guys torturing me with the food pics?  That DOES IT!!!!  NC HTF potluck dinner time!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree 75%!!

Pork needs this:
www.mauricesbbq.com/images/sku54331.jpg
Some South Carolina mustard based, tangy PARADISE!!!!!  

In my post above, I almost added "And if you're found to be using that nasty mustard-based crap they pass off in SC as being suitable for human consumption, well then we'd just skip the whole trial part and carry out the sentence on the spot."

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Flip one of those seasoning packages over and note the amount of sodium listed.

It says 450mg or 19% of your daily amount per serving. So what?

I have one of these on low in the crock pot now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top