Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:42:57 PM EDT
I responded to assist another agency requesting me and my K-9 tonite with two disordly subjects that were involved in a accident. Suspects were drunk and very combative. One of the guys ended up getting tased and the other mased.

This was my first time actually see them in action, my department doesnt have them, b/c they dont believe we need them. After tonite I am gonna try and convince the chief and counsel that we need them.

Be Safe
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:34:57 AM EDT
Come on man, you've got the dog so don't cheat him out of a good bite. I had a Supervisor tell me once after I had sent my dog on a suspect, that the apprehension was one of the nastiest things that he had seen in LE work.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:26:13 AM EDT
Well i sent the dog on the other guy in the back seat of the car, but the guy getting tased was getting ready to get it when i showed up, so he got lucky.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:23:27 PM EDT
Keep your M-26 charged, and it will work wonders. Target acquisition with the laser will normaly gain compliance, and if not.....you'll have it in about 5 seconds.

I've taken the lightning ride three times now, five seconds can be a very long time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:25:01 PM EDT
I really like them, they seem to be really effective and all the officers I have talked to who carry them say that they are a great tool to have in the arsenal.

I just think its going to be hard to sell them to the chief and the counsel. Any advise anyone can give I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:00:36 PM EDT
The taser drastically cuts down on Officer/Deputy injuries by ending the fight before it begins. Sometimes ending the flight as well.

It does have it's shortcomings though, we've had our share of "narcotic psychosis" deaths. Subjects high on narcotics that did not respond well to the taser. I am no expert, but it has saved many subjects that otherwise would have to be put down.

The information should be on Taser international's websight.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:07:08 PM EDT
I thought cops were tough. I saw a guy get tased that I could have restrained with one hand behind my back. What happened to the tough cops. Afraid to scuf yourself? You need a desk Job. A/C not cool enough in that $50,000 SUV.. I could write a book....................
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:15:43 PM EDT
+1
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:15:58 PM EDT
If you get the darts to spread well, it works great. However, in my experience, the "drive-stun" doesn't gain compliance that well if the suspect is really drunk or high. It justs tends to hurt them and piss them off, but the darts drop 'em in their tracks. Love my Taser, but always have something else ready.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:18:16 PM EDT
What kinds of holsters are you using for your M26's? A neighboring much better funded county has them in some kind of drop leg type.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:12:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By johnthreesixteen:
I thought cops were tough. I saw a guy get tased that I could have restrained with one hand behind my back. What happened to the tough cops. Afraid to scuf yourself? You need a desk Job. A/C not cool enough in that $50,000 SUV.. I could write a book....................

Engrish?

Tasers aren't the solve everything tool, but people seem to think they are. I just cleared the ER with a tweeker my buddy tased three times tonight during a footchase/scuffle/fight. Perp fought and got into the ambulance (combative patient call) and tried to drive off (stop leaving your keys in the ignition FF's!). Fell out or ran out after being tased, ran to the next bus and tried to drive off in it, was tased again. Fight was on again and he was drive stunned several times with little effect. After sitting on him for well over an hour, his ticker was still in the unhealthy range:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:55:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:

Engrish?I realize that there is certain people who should get tased. In our city, everyone gets it just in case. I've seen it happen with my own two eyes. even a guy a crutches that was'nt high on anything. Cops abuse it here. People die from tasers. Lots of them. The law suits will eventually make them go away.........Just like pursuit has gone away in many communities. Then cops can be cops again. Maybe cops can get back some of the respect that is almost zero at this point.

Tasers aren't the solve everything tool, but people seem to think they are. I just cleared the ER with a tweeker my buddy tased three times tonight during a footchase/scuffle/fight. Perp fought and got into the ambulance (combative patient call) and tried to drive off (stop leaving your keys in the ignition FF's!). Fell out or ran out after being tased, ran to the next bus and tried to drive off in it, was tased again. Fight was on again and he was drive stunned several times with little effect. After sitting on him for well over an hour, his ticker was still in the unhealthy range:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/03-05-06_2133.jpg

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:11:02 AM EDT

This lends itself to this discussion how? Please save me your Cop bashing, go write your book.

Taser's are another tool, nothing more. They have their place, as does the asp and freeze. They have been used in place of more "hands on" compliance, mostly to prevent damage/death to the subject.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:32:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:08:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CAAAwarfighter:
What kinds of holsters are you using for your M26's? A neighboring much better funded county has them in some kind of drop leg type.

The guys i have seen wear them on their duty belt on the non-gun side, cross-draw. I think I would like that better than carryin on your leg.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:08:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NorCal_LEO:

Write your book somewhere else.

If you come here to troll, you are in the wrong forum. This is your warning.

Excuse me. i thought this was a forum of opinion and response. Not sure what your problem is. I'll make sure I check with you to see if it's ok for me to respond in the furture........Sorry, I ruffled your feathers....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:09:05 AM EDT

Thank you, NorCal_LEO
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:17:10 AM EDT

+1
Top Top