Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 1:39:34 PM EDT
i'd be on death row right now if they were as tight on the rules back way when...
----------------------------------------------------------
www.kcal9.com

First Grader Suspended For Sex Harassment
Save It  Email It  Print It
(CBS) BROCKTON, Mass. A Brockton, Mass., first grader was suspended from school for three days for allegedly sexually harassing a girl in his class.

The principal of the Downey Elementary School claims the boy put two fingers inside the girl's waistband last week during circle time.

The boy's mother, Berthena Dorinvil, does not understand what her child is being punished for. She says it was an innocent pat on the back; and now, her son is being treated like a criminal.

“Say sexual harassment in front of my son… how am I going to explain that? How? Because he doesn’t even know what that is.”

Spokesperson for the school, Cynthia McNally said, "They would not have suspended the child without doing an investigation."

Dorinvil said her son told her he touched the girl's shirt and not her skin.

“My son said to the principal the girl touched him first, so he touched her back,” said Donrinvil. “The teacher was right there. I said ‘Well, was the teacher supervising the kids? What’s going on? She should be aware of that.’”

Superintendent of Schools, Basan Nembirkow released this statement in response to the incident:

“The safety and well being of Brockton Public Schools’ student and staff is of utmost importance to us and we take all allegations of sexual harassment very seriously, investigations are always conducted when reports of sexual harassment arise. Principals are trained to handle these difficult situations and they are assisted as needed by the district sexual harassment officer in handling each situation.

Student records are always private and Brockton public schools cannot and will not comment on individual cases of disciplinary actions.”

Dorinvil believes this whole incident is just a big misunderstanding that has left her son confused and fearful of the school he loves.

Downey Elementary would not comment on the case, but have contacted the police and the district attorney.

The mother said she wants her son transferred, but the school is not helping her.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
He needs to watch more Barney.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
we are doomed
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
She poked him, he poked back, he gets booted.  

It doesn't make any sense, but you can't expect much from Brockton.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
When we were that age, we'd run around in front of open fire hydrants in our underwear bottoms only.

Think of all the harassment suspensions the boys who did that with me missed!

SweetmotherofGod.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Kid better be careful, he'll wind up like Gerald Amirault.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with the school.   He should not be touching girls in any way,  he should be learning good liberal values by watching Will and Grace and Brokebutt Mounthim.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
That kid is going to be scared shitless when he is old enough to be interested in women.  Hell in first grade I remember parking myself  either at the bottom of the jungle gym or in front of the swingsets to see what was under the skirt.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, is it too late to get this kid registered as a sex offender?  You have to be careful with this kind of thing because they start young.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]
He likes 'em young.  He's a pederass.  Lock him up and throw away the key.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He likes 'em young.  He's a pederass.  Lock him up and throw away the key.  

8 years old dude, 8 year olds
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, I can remember when playing "doctor" as a kid was SOP.

I was probably around 8 at the time and my 1st reaction was "WTF !!!  Something ain't right here".

After the "exam" was over, me and my "patient" probably went and toasted some ants with a magnifying glass or threw rocks at other kids, or some other un-pc activity.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He needs to watch more Barney.

+1

More Barney
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Brockton's moto "We're like Roxbury, but without the class".

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#15]
God help me if it happens to my son. He doesnty much like school, if he figures out poking girls nets him a 3 day vacation at home....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember so many sexual harr-ass-ment happenings in my kindergarten class, no wait, I was trying to look down the teacher's shirt! Sheesh, poor kid can't even get sport wood and already girls are slappin the assault charges on him. What a world . . . .
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Total BS...If in fact it were considered a punishable offense, shouldn't he have just stood in the corner....?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#18]
If they don't know what sex is, accusing them of sexual harrassment is absolutely stupid.

The people who think a first grader is capable of sexual harrasment ought to be beaten with a sock full of oranges.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#20]

The principal of the Downey Elementary School claims the boy put two fingers inside the girl's waistband last week during circle jerk time.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#21]
The goal of government is to make us all a criminal of something........the school system is just getting a good head start on it now.

It is for our own good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top