Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2013 10:06:57 AM EDT
Mission:

Kent Carper (Kanawha County Commissioner) has a lobbyist actively working against HB2760. This is a GOOD bill that will force preemption state wide with no grandfathering.  Mr. Carper has hired, either through personal funds or possibly using public funds, a professional lobbyist in an attempt to undermine the passage of this pro gun bill.  Given his tactics, we need a strong grass roots effort to counter this.  There have also been some very vague remarks about "threats" received as well so please, on this fire mission, be polite and professional and urge the target audience listed below to support the passage of HB2760.

Target coordinates:

Kessler: (304) 357-7801
Palumbo: (304) 357-7880
Snyder: (304) 357-7957

thanks to all that help out!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the Fire Mission, Hard_Rock. We can use all the voices we can get.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw your post in the WVCDL page.  I've called them several times.  Palumbo will be the sticking point in all of this.  He's a had core progressive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]
For the record, we do not know that Carper directly hired this lobbyist.  And we certainly have no evidence that a lobbyist was hired with public funds.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For the record, we do not know that Carper directly hired this lobbyist.  And we certainly have no evidence that a lobbyist was hired with public funds.

So noted.  I had assumed that he hired personally.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep calling guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top