Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/2/2011 7:01:45 PM EDT
After spending all but ten days out of four and a half months on a seven days a week job in Ohio I drove back into Houston on Friday afternoon. That evening I noticed that someone posted on Arfcom about a Firefly marathon the next day. Thank you. On Saturday I just wanted to seriously veg out and had the idea that I might catch some of the episodes I've never seen.

I don't watch much TV but my wife makes up for it by spending most of her life on the couch watching stuff that I detest including Oprah, Entertainment Tonight, American Idol, and numerous mindless sit coms with canned laughter to tell you what is supposed to be funny. On rare occasions we will watch a very old movie together. She detests science fiction as much as I detest what she watches. She tends to focus on certain actors. She would watch James Garner milk a cow for a few hours if that was on TV.

On Saturday morning I went downstairs and while she was away from the TV I found the Firefly marathon on the science channel. She walked in an instantly noticed Nathan Fillion. She had seen him on some other show and liked him. I commented that Firefly was a bit different and had good stories and good characters so to my surprise she sat down and started watching it with me. Within a short time she recognised several people from Desparate Housewives and other shows.

Five or six hours later she was still there and totally into Firefly. She knew the characters and understood the cowboy nature of the program and liked it. The next morning she was complaining about falling asleep during the night and missing some episodes while I was sleeping.

Women...how do they work?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:03:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By huaco:

Don't spend to much time pondering this question, brain goo will start running out of your ears.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:08:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 7:10:13 PM EDT by Polupharmakos]

Originally Posted By huaco:

I know, right?

I mean, when you're still dating they do stuff you like and pretend that they halfway enjoy it, but then once you're married there's no more pretending. If they will actually sit down and do something with you, you know they are actually interested.

I had almost the exact same experience with my wife, except the show in question was Battlestar Galactica. She watched most of the show with me. I was amazed.

ETA dare I say welcome back to H-town? Perhaps I should offer my condolences.
Top Top