Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 6:14:56 PM EDT
What agency is looking for Firefighters and EMT's to go to N.O. to work as Firefighters or EMT's? I'd like to go, wife is now ok with it. Not sure I still wouldn't want to be armed though. Who's lookin for us? Lemme know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:22:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 6:23:09 PM EDT by Tango7]
You need to <search> for this one... I know I posted it a bunch today.

FEMA request for Volunteer FF / EMT's

FEMA request for Full Time FF/EMT's Medics

You'll need a partner, (they're only accepting 2-man teams) and your Chief's signoff on this - the FEMA 75-5A "Short Form" . Instructions at the Firehouse website above.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:28:02 PM EDT
From what I gather from that though, you won't be working as a firefighter. And my dept is to small to send two people. If anyone from nea is in the same boat as me let me know and we can partner up. My chief will accept your paperwork no matter where you live and go by the book to send you with me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:54:43 PM EDT
FEMA is a bunch of ASSHOLES!!!

My Chief signed off on my application along with another member, all the forms filled out and faxed. I then get a call from FEMA saying I didn't put a fax number, I say "The fax is in our administration offices and will not be available until tuesday, so contact me via phone or e-mail" then the clown asks for my Chiefs E-mail addy................YEA, like I keep that handy, besides he went away for the holiday weekend. No where on the form or application do they ask for a chief officers e-mail addy.

Then the twit says " you didn't put your teamates name in box 21". "HEY DIPSHIT there is no box 21 on the form!!!!!

Then he says I used the wrong application, ........get this ,...its a link from their website, they have it wrong (since has been fixed) " you need form 75-5 not 75-5A", well then fix your website !!!!

Then he asks me to submit a new application, All the info they needed was on the form I submitted, go play paper games on someone elses time. I can't get a chiefs signature until Tuesday, as it was I drove over his house and stopped him from cutting his lawn to sign the first one

He tells me (FEMA) "you have what we are looking for, you'll be enroute within 1 or 2 days all I need is a new application" I tell him put my info on a new one if you like, "we're too busy, I've been going through thousands of these, and besides I shreaded it"

If you have seen 1000's how can you remember mine? either you took notes or its in front of you.

FULL of SHIT thats what I think!

19yrs FF/EMT IAFF 2033
Logistics Squad Officer CT D.P.S. Div Homeland Security USAR Team CT-TF1
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:04:21 PM EDT
What the hell is a community outreach team? Why do they need medics for this?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:29:12 AM EDT
I think that reguardless of what they say, we'll be manning trucks, and be first response teams. I don't have another member that can go. I do have a cop buddy that can so he's going to join my dept today. Unless I can find another firefighter local to me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:54:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 2:56:22 PM EDT by Jericurl]
We just sent a FF/Medic and FF/EMT today to Mississippi for 14-16 days and it was through State Land Dept. Had to be National Registry (so I and like 75% of our dept missed out) to go because they are going to be working as medics. We are also sending 10-15 FF/Eng/Capt this week through FEMA.
Top Top