Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 4:28:32 PM EDT
Has anyone dealt with the NRA firearms insurance? Had to make a claim? Or is there better ways (perhaps through your homeowners policy)?

http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/armscare.asp
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The NRA is your best bet. Others have written their riders required serial numbers, pics, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
This subject has been discussed at length before. There is another thread with a lot of information and dicussion on the topic. In short, for most people they will be covered perfectly well under homeowners or renters insurance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

In short, for most people they will be covered perfectly well under homeowners or renters insurance.

Not based on the conversations I've had with my insurance agents, sir. They won't touch guns for the most part and if they do, they charge a good premium for it & require S/Ns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In short, for most people they will be covered perfectly well under homeowners or renters insurance.

Not based on the conversations I've had with my insurance agents, sir. They won't touch guns for the most part and if they do, they charge a good premium for it & require S/Ns.

Then you are talking to the wrong insurance company. For most of them, they are just personal property like your sofa, TV, or anything else. There is no reason to require people list them with serial numbers unless you are 1) scheduling them individually (which isn't necessary unless they have some unusual antique value)  2) talking to an insurance company that really has their head up their ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top