Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 4:30:37 AM EDT
I was always wondering this. I travel a lot for work. When I can find the time, I like to stop into the local shops and see what things are going for in other places. Now, every once in a blue moon (probably 3 or 4 times a year) I come accross a deal I would have never passed up while at home. Can I buy a rifle/long gun and ship it to myself? Even though I don't have a FFL?

Thanks.
Rob
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, perfectly legal per BATFE. It's in their Q&A FAQ. Might be able to find it on the web.

Of course you MUST ship from a UPS/FedEx depot (no storefronts) or USPS and should carry copies of their tariffs/regs as many clerks are totally unfamiliar with them and might argue with you. In all cases long guns can be shipped ground . . . some may argue that you must ship air/overnight . . . they are full of crap if they argue that point.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top