Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 1:41:17 PM EDT
Reports coming in about fire fighters and their families holed up in the Bell South building in St. Bernard's Parish.  Thugs with rifles not letting anyone leave and not letting anyone rescue them.  Fox reports one sheriff's deputy dead.

Developing...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Reports coming in about fire fighters and their families holed up in the Bell South building in St. Bernard's Parish.  Thugs with rifles not letting anyone leave and not letting anyone rescue them.  Fox reports one sheriff's deputy dead.

Developing...

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, this is why EVERYONE should be armed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Well get a danmed heilo up before they get killed!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Developing...

exploze.wz.cz/awar/letouny/ac130/02_ac130.jpg

Hey that's my nephew's bird and he is from Lacombe.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like "example time" is upon us. If this is properly responded to, word will spread fast to the remaining vermin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Great idea Captain Obvious!  I'm sure nobody else though of that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
images.janes.com/defence/land_forces/gallery/fortbragg/images/8a2.jpg

Rockets are too messy.

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040830/capt.sge.fgm20.300804192316.photo01.default-389x254.jpg

\

You are joking but they have National Guard people in the city back from the sandbox that could handle this situation in 5 min.. Sounds like they need to set up several quick reaction squads… my guess is they will or have.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Ya know, I'm not a cop or in the miltary (I couldn't join the military due to severe near-sighted vision) but, I gotta say, after hearing this report on fox news, if someone was to ask me to go to new orleans to assist the police and the military I would almost certainly do it (if I could be armed 24/7). Someone needs to rain hell and justice down on these damn gangbangers. Take no prisoners. Kill 'em all. Apparently, it's mob rule down there and the only thing these gangbangers will understand is the power that comes from the muzzle of a gun.The gangbangers should be shown that power with little or no mercy.

On another note, I hope (at the next election) the good voters of louisiana kick both the governor and the new orleans mayor out of each of their respective offices because, as far as I can tell, those two boobs are the living, breathing, definiton of the word "incompetent" and the phrase "unfit for command".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I find it extremely hard to believe with all those military choppers in the area not a single one is equipped as a warship.  And even if there are no warbirds in there, get a couple snipers into the chopper with some M16s and SOLVE THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

Why is the news reporting on this?  If they can get there, so can the military.   I better be reading "bullet riddled snipers bodies hung from flagpole as example" RSN.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why don't they do it? How long does it take to get one off the ground? Even a rifleman can kill'em out of a rescue heilo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

On FoxNews they said the firefighters are EXCHANGING gunfire with the thugs across the canal. It sounds like the FFs are armed as well.

From the info I've been hearing, the BellSouth buildings are the oasis' in the sludge that was NO. Most are still on BU Gens. so they have power and AC. That's prolly why the families are there as well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Un fucking beleivable.    These scumbags need to be shot, killed and left to rot in the sun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Un fucking beleivable.    These scumbags need to be shot, killed and left to rot in the sun.

+100000000000000000000000000
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]

...... all those military choppers in the area not a single one is equipped as a warship.   I better be reading "bullet riddled snipers bodies hung from flagpole as example"

Racist Bastard!.......................................................................just kidding......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#17]
We all know why they haven't gotten birds in the air and taken care of the problem.

Don't want to make any "rash" moves.

Don't want to injure any of the disadvantaged that are taking shots at the firemen.  Those poor, frustrated souls have a right to make a "social point".

How dare you call them thugs!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On FoxNews they said the firefighters are EXCHANGING gunfire with the thugs across the canal. It sounds like the FFs are armed as well.

From the info I've been hearing, the BellSouth buildings are the oasis' in the sludge that was NO. Most are still on BU Gens. so they have power and AC. That's prolly why the families are there as well.

I'm a fire medic. I've always found it ironic, but the firefighters in my area are more 'gun guy' than the police officers are.

In the first couple of hours of 9/11, we didn't have any idea of how large in scope things might actually be. I went in off duty to get some extra apparatus on line. Pretty much everyone had some sort of a comfort item with them including the white shirt I ended up working with.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Get a couple of these:

Send em to cruise over the city

The scum will get the picture and get back in their hidey holes after the first dose of this:
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#21]
OK, it's been long enough.  Where are my dead sniper bodies?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm a fire medic. I've always found it ironic, but the firefighters in my area are more 'gun guy' than the police officers are.  

I have noticed that as well. Many cops I've run into never shot before the acadamy, and just have a duty weapon. Firefighters seem to be the biggest group of "gun nuts" around...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why don't they do it? How long does it take to get one off the ground? Even a rifleman can kill'em out of a rescue heilo.

You're kidding, right?

Do you honestly think it's that easy?

What do you think, they just snap their fingers and that's it?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#24]
the Coast Guard really, really needs their own AC130s
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have a slightly better idea.

And it helps out the local ecology as well:

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I mentioned that about the superdome/rape situation to my roommate.

"Nothing would have changed, or it would have been worse with a lot more murders"

Stupid French.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Stupid French.

Congratulations! You sir, have just won the Quote of the Year contest. I like it, STUPID FRENCH. It's got a beautiful ring to it...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#28]
http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=55&id=44434

falsefake
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:35:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Get a couple of these:
www.arl.army.mil/sedd/acoustics/images/ah64_3.jpg

Send em to cruise over the city
www.campbell.army.mil/2101avn/images/AH-64soverGiantsStadium.jpg

The scum will get the picture and get back in their hidey holes after the first dose of this:
members.aol.com/ah64info/shoot.jpg

yea... 30mm cannon usually does the trick
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

Do you honestly think it's that easy?

What do you think, they just snap their fingers and that's it?

Here is how I see it. If the news is able to air it it has to have been happening for a awhile for them to hear about it. There is heilos constantly taking off and landing for the rescue efforts. Are you trying to tell me there isn't anybody armed within a resonable distance of the rescue heilos? On the news there are cops everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#31]
The report was false    see above post
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=55&id=44434

falsefake

....wait a damn minute!
Are you saying that I can't belive everything I hear on a 24hr news channel?

This is news to me
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#33]
In regards to the posts about many cops not being "gun guys", I have found the same to be true.  I'm a fireman and get to talk with our LEO's quite often and I am shocked that most of them do very little shooting.  It seems that the few real gun enthusiasts migrate towards SWAT.  Most of my fellow buds on the job are more in the know about weapons than most cops.  Me personally...my collection just grew to 38 different "tools" in my toolbox.  I have something to handle just about any problem I can forsee during hunting or otherwise(SHTF-wise)!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top