Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2006 1:07:59 AM EDT
I installed FireFox 2.0 a few days ago and love it.  No issues.  

If you want to fiddle with it, here's a link with some great tweaks -
www.lifehacker.com/software/firefox-2/geek-to-live-top-firefox-2-config-tweaks-209941.php

I haven't tried the memory usage tweak yet.  I don't have any problems with memory leaks (or anything else for that matter) so I figured that I'd use the "stock" version for a bit before I start tinkering with the browser.  

Another site with tweaks/extensions -
webdesigns.ms11.net/chromeditp.html

The only extension I've tried so far is GET MAIL.  If you noticed, FF 2.0 doesn't have an icon for your mail on the toolbar.  GET MAIL fixes that with a few clicks.  Works great!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
firefox works good for me.  i've never needed to tweak it  

thanks for the info though

i wonder if that works on seamonkey ?  yep it does
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I just upgraded mine to 2.0 tonight...seems to run faster though i still have a couple of issues with yahoo photos...and yes I did install the stupid patch from yahoo. I still use firefox for about 99% of my browsing though.

Like this new comprehensive spell check. Thats pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to love FF, but since I got my new PC it has sucked. Slow page downloading, major memory suckage. Im not computer guru so I did the easiest thing.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried the memory fix.  

Didn't really need it, but what the heck.  If I mess things up, I have a dual-boot system.

Double the memory in Firefox to 131072.  ARFCOM loads in nine seconds instead of 49 seconds.

FF2.0 has run flawless.  Would like to try Internet Exploder 7.  However Microcrap in its infinite wisdom? made IE7 incompatible with Windoze 2000, which is the OS I am running on all my computers.

ZM

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top