Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 8:00:16 AM EDT
I just fell off my chair laughing!  I sold my milled receiver MAC-90 to a buddy.  Its still pretty new.  He pulled the bolt back and it stayed.  He thought there was a bolt hold open device.  So he put his finger in there to clean it and WHAM! His nail is more purple than Barney!
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
ACK!!! it cant be as bad as "M1 Thumb"
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Have him get one of these.  I had to modify it a little and make the opening larger.

[img]www.flashdistributor.com/akbolt1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#3]
When I was in the Army, one of my buddies was taking his M249 apart to clean it, and when he went to release the recoil/guide rod spring  his thumb slipped off of it and it blacked his eye.  I sure thought it was funny but he did'nt quite see it the same way.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Garand thumb bad?  Try Hakim or AG42 thumb!!!

It's worse in all cases.  The bolt travels faster, is heavier, and has sharper features.

I did the comparison with a wooden dowell.  The AG42 won hand's down!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top