Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 3:36:04 PM EDT
Hubby wants to get me a BP Vest/Tac Vest.... (not sure of the correct term sorry)  Anyway how do I go about sizing?  he said something about your chest size being a factor in the size vest you get and if you are wearing it over a big coat or not..

How do I know what size will be the best?

I have a small repeat "small" chest...  (unless someone wants to sponser mehe
Thanks much!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Most are adjustable so if you get a small you will probably be doing fine. Any reason why you can't go try them on?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
For a second there I thought you gals were talking about shoes again...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
No reason...  I was just wondering how they were to fit properly.. Are they to fit snug or looser?  My husband has a Large and he says that he perhaps should have gotten s Med..  But This weekend he was at the gunshow and came across a fellow selling one is a SM and was not sure without me being there if it would be a good fit..

Suppose the best way is to go and try them out..  But I am thinking a Sm will be the way to go...

**Did someone says SHOES???**   Who wants to go shopping!!!!

OK just noticed that I am on HUBBY's Computer... Therefore on his Acct!  WOOPS!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep in mind they are made for a man's (boring) straight frame - and sized a bit differently than something made for a woman.

I have several tac vests (why I need several I am not sure??? It's like shoes I suppose - no explanation required) and they are all smalls but fit differently depending on the pocket style and what not.

If you are a 36 (something), then you should have no problem with a small - but fitting is believing. However, the bigger your cup size, the less stuff you will be able to comfortably fit in the chest pockets
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Keep in mind they are made for a man's (boring) straight frame - and sized a bit differently than something made for a woman.

I have several tac vests (why I need several I am not sure??? It's like shoes I suppose - no explanation required) and they are all smalls but fit differently depending on the pocket style and what not.

If you are a 36 (something), then you should have no problem with a small - but fitting is believing. However, the bigger your cup size, the less stuff you will be able to comfortably fit in the chest pockets hr

NO problem there!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you are a 36 (something), then you should have no problem with a small - but fitting is believing. However, the bigger your cup size, the less stuff you will be able to comfortably fit in the chest pockets

Zig...re-type that....men's 'straight frames' are NEVER boring, IMHO
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zig...re-type that....men's 'straight frames' are NEVER boring, IMHO

Well, no offense to men, but they put huge pockets on the boob area which make it ridiculous for us womenz to use those pockets to their full capacity for their intended purpose. Instead, for the vest to properly fit and be comfortable, we have to cut slits in the inner fabric of the vest and turn the pockets into a custom tac bra instead.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well, no offense to men, but they put huge pockets on the boob area which make it ridiculous for us womenz to use those pockets to their full capacity for their intended purpose. Instead, for the vest to properly fit and be comfortable, we have to cut slits in the inner fabric of the vest and turn the pockets into a custom tac bra instead.

OK...this reminds me of quick funny story... slight hijack:

I was at Fort Drum, in the field training for field Mass Casualty Scenarios. Air evacs, mock "bombings" etc...
Actually ALOT of fun and fake gore.
But, since we were in the field, the food was c-rats and MRE's and other delicacies unfit for human consuption. Before reporting, I blew about $100.00 in food that did not need refigeration (fruit cups, granola bars...crap like that).
Everyone knew I had a stash (I share) and at one point, as we were getting into formation, one of the guys next to me cops a squeeze of my left chest pocket of my BDU's shouting "FOOD!" and getting NOTHING but a handful of PlaymoreMinds.

Evidently, my new Victoria's Secret bra made it look like I had something more nutricious in that pocket than I actually had.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was at Fort Drum, in the field training for field Mass Casualty Scenarios. Air evacs, mock "bombings" etc...
But, since we were in the field, the food was c-rats and MRE's and other delicacies unfit for human consuption. Before reporting, I blew about $100.00 in food that did not need refigeration (fruit cups, granola bars...crap like that).
Everyone knew I had a stash (I share) and at one point, as we were getting into formation, one of the guys next to me cops a squeeze of my left chest pocket of my BDU's shouting "FOOD!" and getting NOTHING but a handful of PlaymoreMinds.

Evidently, my new Victoria's Secret bra made it look like I had something more nutricious in that pocket than I actually had.

Ooooh, that's a good one!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL PM....doesn't surprise me a bit! Such the tac vest tease
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh.  The "wonder bra".  it really should be called "I wonder where her tits went!"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Huh.  The "wonder bra".  it really should be called "I wonder where her tits went!"

In the Tac Vest of course!

And the thread comes full circle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the Tac Vest of course!

And the thread comes full circle.

The Wonder Bra under a Tac Vest....I can't think of a better way of exhibiting your feminine side!  Good idea, I'll have to keep that in mind!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Speaking of the bra under the tac vest trick...anyone remember the story about the bra that stopped the bullet? May not be such a bad idea after all

Bra stops bullet
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Speaking of the bra under the tac vest trick...anyone remember the story about the bra that stopped the bullet? May not be such a bad idea after all

Bra stops bullet

I'll never blaspheme my underwires again. Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top