Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:21:56 PM EDT

Every year my friends and I get together and put the trick back into trick-or-treat. When the local kids come to our door we're ready. Fog maching, creepy music, decent costumes. I'd say 60% turn tail before candy is dispensed. Even the packs of 30 year old illegals who show up later, without a costume and holding a half full pillowcase, avoid us. We're legendary.

It's time for me to upgrade. I'm the Grim Reaper. Black robe, hood,  rope belt, black boots, black nylon face cover. Not bad. But I need a propper scythe to complete the look. I'm 6-3 in the boots so it can't be a plastc toy. Tried Google. Either sold out or junk.

Ideas?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
hardware store or farm supply store.  barring those check out antique shops or kich stores that sell outdoor garden decor.

SW
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I found a nice Austrian grass scythe at a local hardware store.

The highly curved snath (handle) works well for cutting but is kinda short for playing death.

It was interesting walking around a Halloween party with a sharp blade at eye level.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one, an antique, you can drive here and borrow it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an old antique scythe that belonged to my great grandfather..  Is just like you see in the movies..  Sorry but it is just for display now..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top