Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 8:50:45 PM EDT
I normally don't blow my own horn, but several folks thought I should in this case.

[minor boast]It all started innocently enough. After helping dad re-wire the Chicago two-flat as a tyke; working on stage crew through HS & college; I see the need, and re-wire my house. This leads to the occasional side job through work (FD), and then to correspondence school, and a "regular" side gig.(trades know - eight week batches of work with four-week vacations in between! [;)])

Finally apply, and am allowed to challenge the Code Exam.

SIX YEARS, three hours and 60 questions later, I can finally say:

"I'm a licensed Electrician"

[/minor boast]

Hope Dad has a cigar upstairs for this one, boys. He didn't live to be here for it, but I think he's here in spirit just the same.

Thanks, Pop.

(And Jen, my Wife)
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
youre an electician hhuh?

can you take the shorts out of my butt?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Only if you de-energize them first!

[dr evil]And, for an hourly rate of...

[b][size=4]One Million Dollars![/size=4][/b]

Muu waa ha ha ha ha ha! [/dr evil]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top