Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2002 9:55:31 PM EDT
Yup, working at a new ice cream place that opened up here in Auburn.  It's called [b]Cold Stone Creamery[/b].  All us Southerners have is TCBY and Baskin Robbins - so this is definately a new experience to the deprived S.Easterners like myself.
I hear it's a pretty popular place out in the West/SouthWest though.  Just curious how many of you are fans of the place?

On a side note, yes it's not exactly changing oil or putting up sheet rock, but hey - it pays well, so I have no qualms with have a mostly-female job.  Actually that's half the joy of working there.  (Besides, it beats the piss out of braiding - if you have to ask, please don't)

[i]And that's the bottom line - cuz Cold Stone said so[/i]...
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't they call it Stone Cold?
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Must be a local thing. Never heard of it here. I'm a Baskin Robbins guy myself. Double dip of the white stuff with hot fudge, whip cream and nuts on top. Now thats living. [:D] Congrats and being from another HOT part of the country anything indoors in A.C. is a bonus in the summertime!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The farthest east I have seen one is Denver CO.  First time I had it was in Vegas.  Its really good ice cream.  You pick the icecream you want, then the stuff you want in it.  They then put it all on this cold piece of stone and mix it all together with spatulas or something.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Plus the work really builds up your forearms.

Pretty tasty place to go after a movie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#7]
There's a Cold Stone in Prescott.

I've been there twice:
I like 31 flavors and DQ better.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's a Cold Stone in Prescott.
View Quote

Are these places anything like White Mountain Creamery (r.i.p.[:(]) up in Vermont/Boston?
I've been there twice:
I like 31 flavors and DQ better.
View Quote

Mmmmm.  Peanut Buster Parfait.  RrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr...

And "Love Potion Number 31" is fantastic.  It beat out Rocky Road after 30-odd years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Workin' at an ice cream place.  Hmmm....weigh yourself today and weigh yourself a month from now.  An "ice cream gut" is sure to appear.

BTW, never heard of the chain/place.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's a pic of Jewbroni's past work.

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:n6xDtTPYmyoC:rampages.onramp.net/~magicid/braidingmagic/TWOSIDES.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here's a pic of Jewbroni's past work.

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:n6xDtTPYmyoC:rampages.onramp.net/~magicid/braidingmagic/TWOSIDES.JPG[/img]
View Quote

Bahahahaha...thanks Pony.

DoubleFeed: yeah, I saw that line in one of your earlier posts, and thought it was GOLD, baby.

DeadEye: well my job last night was to cook waffle cones, so I didn't exactly get too much of the nice cold air.  Otherwise, it's a pretty cool environment though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]
sounds just like Marble Slab Creamery, which is all over the southeast
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Hi Jewbroni..I don't know how old you are or what you do. The INS is looking for officer’s check out DOJ website. You could get a Carry permit and there is no age limit.  I know someone 61 yrs old just got hired, and he use to be a school teacher. You have to hurry and apply. They are closing the position soon. This is not for a border patrol officer. The person I know is going to work at Kennedy airport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top