Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 12:06:29 PM EDT
Finally, a break from all those silly body counts in Iraq to give report something a little more important to US citizens.

Cambodia grants citizenship to screen siren Angelina Jolie
Yahoo! News
PHNOM PENH (AFP) - Cambodia has granted citizenship to Hollywood screen temptress Angelina Jolie to hail her environmental work here and because she has adopted a Cambodian child, an official said.

A legal document seen by AFP and signed by King Norodom Sihamoni "provides Cambodian nationality to Angelina Jolie, an American born on June 4, 1975 in Los Angeles, USA."

The actress was thrilled and said she would visit the country when she is made a citizen, Toun Siphan, director of the government's international relations department, told AFP.

"She was so happy, she loves Cambodia and wants to help. She said she would come to Cambodia when she received her citizenship," Toun Siphan said.

Jolie had provided about two million dollars to assist wildlife reserves in northwestern Pailin and Oddar Meanchey provinces, Toun Siphan said.

Northwestern Cambodia is one of the worst mined areas in the kingdom, which endured three decades of conflict, including the genocidal     Khmer Rouge regime of Pol Pot. Peace officially arrived in 1998.

Jolie's adoption in 2002 of Cambodian boy, Maddox, now aged four, was also a factor in the government's decision, Toun Siphan said.

Prime Minister Hun Sen raised the idea of offering citizenship to the Oscar-winning actress when he met her in July 2004 to discuss Cambodia's problem of deforestation.

Jolie said afterwards she would be "thrilled and very, very honored" to be granted Cambodian nationality.

Jolie fell in love with Cambodia when shooting the 2001 film "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" at the famed Angkor Wat temple, and owns a home in Samlot district in nearby Battambang province.

Last month she expanded her brood by adopting an Ethiopian girl, Zahara Marley, who is not yet one year old.

She collected the child, who is believed to be an HIV/AIDS orphan, with her reputed paramour, heartthrob Brad Pitt.

Jolie and Pitt, who star in the hit "Mr and Mrs Smith," have brushed aside speculation about a relationship despite being seen and repeatedly photographed together on various continents over the past two months.

The twice-divorced Jolie, frequently named as one of the world's sexiest women, was most recently married to actor Billy Bob Thornton but has been linked with Pitt since his marriage to actress Jennifer Aniston broke up.

Click here and here to learn even more about this woman who's making the world a better place one Cambodia HIV orphan at a time.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You should see what the supermarket tabloids have to say about that homewrecker.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
She was born in LA ... figures.

So she already has experience living in a communist state, right?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
What a scam... I bet as a Cambodian citizen they will require her to pay taxes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I think she was too wild(read, insane) for Billy Bob and that's probably saying somethin'
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think she was too wild(read, insane) for Billy Bob and that's probably saying somethin'

But to just have ONE night with her and those lips....    
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#7]
She comes off as trash to me in the more candid picture where she has had an hour with a make-up person and a crew of lightin experts.
Have know idea what her real personality is like but I suspect she ranks among the weirder of the Holly'weird's

Quoted:
But to just have ONE night with her and those lips....    

I could think of safer things to stick my dick in... a food processor filled with lemon juice and rubbing alcohol comes to mind.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I just do not see what the attraction is with her.

She's a human caricature. Like lips? Hers are huge! Like big boobs/butt? Same.    I'm nonplussed by it. Jennifer Aniston is a lot more attractive than Jolie.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

She's a human caricature. Like lips? Hers are huge! Like big boobs/butt? Same.    I'm nonplussed by it. Jennifer Aniston is a lot more attractive than Jolie.

I disagree...(Only to start controversy)

Angelina is hot..No doubt about it! Aniston is plain. She was ok early on in Friends, but she is showing her age. Whereas, if you were with Angelina and her body and lips and booty....

We need a poll now... Angelina minus her diseases vs. Jennifer Aniston minus the smell of Brad Pitt
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Billy Bob said having sex with her was like trying to have sex with the couch.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]
If you like exagerated features look up Lolo Ferarri.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Memo to me:  Have sex with couch, pretend it's Angelina.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yeah, and Elizabeth Hurley is a LOT more attractive than that skeezer prostitute that Hugh Grant hooked up with, but that didn't stop him either, did it?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Affects.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If she is a couch, then consider my face a love seat!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Guess me and the couch have a date tonight! W00t!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Her brother said it was more like the coffee table.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That could go two ways. Maybe Billy Bob has a tiny penis.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and Elizabeth Hurley is a LOT more attractive than that skeezer prostitute that Hugh Grant hooked up with, but that didn't stop him either, did it?

Word has it that Liz was playing fast & loose with the vows herself....

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Now that she's officially Cambodian, can she get away with saying, "Me love you long time."?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#22]
i thought for SURE this had something to do w/ Michael Jackson
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i thought for SURE this had something to do w/ Michael Jackson

WAAA??? I said important news. What's so damned important about Jacko?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Fine.  Strip her of OUR citizenship and deport her ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top