Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2021 6:22:17 PM EDT
Only took 9 months lol!.

Got my invitation from SONY via email to purchase a PS5 yesterday. As soon as my time slot came, I hit the link in the email and in less than 5 mins I finally had one ordered!

I've wasted so many hours trying to buy one with no luck. Until today!

Anyone else still waiting to buy one?

ETA-

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Every PS generation I always wait for the slim version to come out and swoop in like Mix-a-lot for a phat.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I need to get on the list. Need one for the wife and one for the kids.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting, I try a few times a week but it seems most sites are lost causes due to bots.

I don't need one until Horizon Zero Dawn 2 comes out, I'll hit up stockx at that point if I still don't have one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Woof, when will they be on store shelves? I was hoping to pick one up but will end up waiting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a link to get on the list?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
There are a lot of people out there who want it more than me. I’ll pick one up when they’re freely available on shelves and maybe cost a little less.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I Seriously gamed was when black ops 4 was out. Hardcored played it for a yearish. Can’t get into playing anymore.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every PS generation I always wait for the slim version to come out and swoop in like Mix-a-lot for a phat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
Got a link to get on the list?
View Quote

If you already have a PSN account, you will get an invitation.

I heard about this new invite system about a month ago.

Be patient and don't pay crazy scalper prices.

Just keep checking your email associated with your PSN account.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Scored one mid-December last year. Had to make a Twitter account, follow a bunch of accounts that posted restock alerts, and be quick and lucky. Took about a month of actually trying. Got mine through a Target restock at about 5:00am, and was able to pick it up a couple hours after ordering, which was nice.

I want to pick up another, but will wait til they are readily available. Fuck doing all that nonsense again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Still waiting, I try a few times a week but it seems most sites are lost causes due to bots.

I don't need one until Horizon Zero Dawn 2 comes out, I'll hit up stockx at that point if I still don't have one.
View Quote

Stock X prices have been falling into the reasonable range recently.

Hopefully you get the email soon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Woof, when will they be on store shelves? I was hoping to pick one up but will end up waiting.
View Quote

Chip shortage, etc.

Who knows when they are finally on the shelves?

Maybe next year?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea same, I'm probably just going to wait. Far Cry 6 will be cross generation,  and God of War 2 isn't coming out till next year. Of course by then West Taiwan might have invaded Taiwan, and we might be wishing we'd bought one now .
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never once gotten an email from Sony to my email tied to my PSN account, that is probably 15yrs old at this point, besides for purchases I've made. I must have unchecked a box about wanting emails about specials/offers or something.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure I'm not the only reader who thought you were posting about a new gun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you already have a PSN account, you will get an invitation.

I heard about this new invite system about a month ago.

Be patient and don't pay crazy scalper prices.

Just keep checking your email associated with your PSN account.
View Quote

Wilco
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Had mine since last Christmas...you been living under a rock?

Seriously don't know how but my bride got one for my boy for last Christmas.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Are there any games worth buying a PS5 for?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've never once gotten an email from Sony to my email tied to my PSN account, that is probably 15yrs old at this point, besides for purchases I've made. I must have unchecked a box about wanting emails about specials/offers or something.
View Quote

That's a good point.

I wonder if people that opt out get this invite.

I just get weekly PSN updates as well as purchase confirmations.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm sure I'm not the only reader who thought you were posting about a new gun.
View Quote

Yuck.

Guns are gross!
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Only took 9 months lol!.

Got my invitation from SONY via email to purchase a PS5 yesterday. As soon as my time slot came, I hit the link in the email and in less than 5 mins I finally had one ordered!

I've wasted so many hours trying to buy one with no luck. Until today!

Anyone else still waiting to buy one?
View Quote

Congrats man, enjoy it

That being said…… if your going to game, GAME.

Buy an ASUS ROG STRIX motherboard, a $900 2070 MSI Graphics Card, with a water cooled system in a windowed case, and don’t play the game, BE the game
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wilco
View Quote

Roger, wilco.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol.

I'd be concerned what she had to do to get one

Lol!
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I pretty much only play COD.

I'm just sick of how long it takes to install updates on the PS4.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Not interested ATM. Last October I built a new gaming PC and have access to better games.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I tried to get a PS5 for a few months. I had a PS4 but decided to give the new Xbox series X a try. I’m loving the game pass, just got done playing the shit out is the Back 4 Blood beta. Can’t wait for it to be on game pass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I might pick one up when they become readily available. I don’t care enough to go seek them out aside from searching Best Buy’s site periodically.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's a good point.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good point.

I'm guessing they don't, but I could be wrong. Any time I sign up for anything, I always opt out of newsletters, offers/specials emails, etc. So I'm sure I did that when I made my PSN account.

On the other hand, they might also be skipping people who have already logged into a PS5, which could be another reason for not getting an invitation.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yea same, I'm probably just going to wait. Far Cry 6 will be cross generation,  and God of War 2 isn't coming out till next year. Of course by then West Taiwan might have invaded Taiwan, and we might be wishing we'd bought one now .
View Quote
I can think of at least 4 games in the God of War series how is it possible they're only on the 1st sequel? Are they all sub series?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Bought number 4 today from GameStop.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol.

Lol!
View Quote

I'm sure nothing a hot shower and a shot of penicillin couldn't take care of...
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I can think of at least 4 games in the God of War series how is it possible they're only on the 1st sequel? Are they all sub series?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they started over with the names I guess. In 2018 they released God of War for PS4, which was a brand new game based on Norse mythology rather than Greek. It is a continuation of the series, though. I don't know why they named it the same as the 2005 PS2 title... annoying.

Anyway, 2018 GoW won Game Of The Year and is so damn good.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m not paying scalpers and I’m not going to screw around and hope I get lucky…..

Whenever I can walk into a store and buy one off the shelf is when I’ll have one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sign up for game stop power up pro account. It will cost you $15. They do a sale for power up pro members only just about every Tuesday at 11 am. They are only selling bundles, to members to eliminate the bots.

I’m not bullshitting, I bought my fourth bundle today for one of my sons friends. The first time I was able to buy two.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Chip shortage, etc.

Maybe next year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chip shortage, etc.

Maybe next year?

Guess I’m waiting ‘til then!
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bought number 4 today from GameStop.
View Quote

You have GameStop preferred membership?

I never could get their drops obviously.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’m not paying scalpers and I’m not going to screw around and hope I get lucky…..

Whenever I can walk into a store and buy one off the shelf is when I’ll have one.
View Quote

Probably right before the PS6 comes out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In case you didn't already know, you can turn on auto-updates. It just requires that you leave your console in Rest Mode. Works on PS4, too. It will automatically download and install updates (both game updates and system updates). The only thing that sucks is that you can't specify a time for it to check for updates. It checks daily, I think around 3-5am ET. Which probably works with most people's schedules, but for those who keep odd hours because of work, it might not be as useful.

My PS4 stayed in Rest Mode for literally years, when not in use. Been doing the same with my PS5 since I got, too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Lol!

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Scrote check my other reply. They do a sale almost every Tuesday at 11 only for power up pro members.Attachment Attached File

Bought today
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#42]
i should get on a list. really a no brainer when a comparable GPU on a desktop starts at double the cost. for just the card
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm guessing they don't, but I could be wrong. Any time I sign up for anything, I always opt out of newsletters, offers/specials emails, etc. So I'm sure I did that when I made my PSN account.
View Quote

I do the same thing. Had no idea about this PSN email alert thing for a PS5. I was waiting to buy one off the shelf.

Off to change some email settings
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I normally wait 2 years or so to get a new console when the next gen comes out. I have zero desire to be one of the people who get shit early or right when it comes out. Same with games. Has saved me much angst and not an insignificant amount of money.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

In case you didn't already know, you can turn on auto-updates. It just requires that you leave your console in Rest Mode. Works on PS4, too. It will automatically download and install updates (both game updates and system updates). The only thing that sucks is that you can't specify a time for it to check for updates. It checks daily, I think around 3-5am ET. Which probably works with most people's schedules, but for those who keep odd hours because of work, it might not be as useful.

My PS4 stayed in Rest Mode for literally years, when not in use. Been doing the same with my PS5 since I got, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I have mine set up for auto updates in stand by.

But mine shuts off after so many hours in standby it seems.

So it usually downloads the update, but won't install until I wake it up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Haven't bought one yet, but haven't really tried since the initial month after it dropped.

Follow a guy a Twitter that does restock notices and get the notifications all the time but haven't grabbed one as there really aren't any games I'm super excited about currently.

Will grab one closer to when Horizon Forbidden Wilds drops.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@Scrote check my other reply. They do a sale almost every Tuesday at 11 only for power up pro members.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218323/B0012AEF-C7FE-4DB8-A5F2-1924AFEB88F5_png-2056476.JPG

Bought today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Scrote check my other reply. They do a sale almost every Tuesday at 11 only for power up pro members.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218323/B0012AEF-C7FE-4DB8-A5F2-1924AFEB88F5_png-2056476.JPG

Bought today

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm. Never had that happen to me on PS4 or PS5. There might be another setting you need to mess with. I have the USB ports set up to turn off after 3 hours (long enough to charge the controller in Rest Mode), but my console never fully shuts off.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Another random tip for those that might not know: For the monthly free games, you can "claim" them by adding them to your library, without actually downloading them. Once it's added to your library, they're yours to keep (as long as your PS+ subscription is active) and you can download them any time you want. Helps save some space.

I hear Sony is finally having end-users test the internal storage option for the PS5 and will be activating it within the next update or two. Bout damn time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s fine.  PS4 still going strong
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top