Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2002 11:07:46 AM EDT
I may have been doing a Rip Van Winkle, but I never heard whether the anthrax letters were a result of foreign or domestic terrorist origin. There was much speculation for awhile, both ways, but facts were negligible. Does anyone know any factual information or whether the origination point of the anthrax or the perps spreading it were ever identified?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I may have been doing a Rip Van Winkle, but I never heard whether the anthrax letters were a result of foreign or domestic terrorist origin. There was much speculation for awhile, both ways, but facts were negligible. Does anyone know any factual information or whether the origination point of the anthrax or the perps spreading it were ever identified?
View Quote

Well, try doing a search of news at some site like the Drudge Report, or World Net Daily, for the latest information.   They have made serious inroads, but there are problems.

It may not seem very hepful to say it this way, but it appears that after sleeping so long, you could use the exercise[;D]

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Domestic strain alright - one we shared with Iraq!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Got traced to Ft. Detrick Maryland, (US Army), then stopped there. Trail went cold.
Gee, I wonder why THAT could be.......
Naw, can't be, they'd Neevveerr do that!!!
(would they?)
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Then that microbiologist was found dead in a river.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
You sure that was the one they suspect?
There were accounts of a live suspect in the last couple of weeks.  One possessing secrets they don't want aired.  This didn't originate with Art Bell, even though it sounds like it.

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You sure that was the one they suspect? This didn't originate with Art Bell, even though it sounds like it.

View Quote

I'm sure I don't know who the suspect(s) is at this point.  Enough disinformation to write a book.  This whole episode sounds like Art Bell wrote it.  Which may be the point of a lot of leaks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Eric the Hun had posted in the past that he thought it was Osama's boys.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got traced to Ft. Detrick Maryland, (US Army), then stopped there. Trail went cold.
(would they?)
View Quote

Don't you ever get tired of being paranoid?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Check this out.

[url]http://www.washtimes.com/national/20020225-81344518.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Its an attack by a government official, or small cell that was ready a long time beforehand, and not aligned with Al Qaida. The Anthrax virus has already been identified as domestic.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Check this out.

[url]http://www.washtimes.com/national/20020225-81344518.htm[/url]
View Quote

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.  The guy in question is supposedly alive & working as a contractor in the DC area.

I think the alphabet agencies are applying psy-ops on the guy, and that he will soon be "Fosterized."

One other interesting aspect is that this Barbara Hatch Rosenberg has more details than you'd expect.  Especially since it sounds like she's on some anti-proliferation comittee in the FAS.

This smells of a planned leak.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
(would they?)
View Quote

View Quote

Doesn't sound paranoid, sounds realistic to me.  Rather than the trail going cold, it sounds like its too hot to disclose that the gov F'd up.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#15]
we have amtracks right here in okc, but they are thinking of shuting it down!  too bad....
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
(would they?)
View Quote

View Quote

Hey Rik[:K]! Guess what!? I did a post search on you for the last 3 months. Wanna know what I found? EIGHT pages of posts! I only looked at 5 pages, but I got the picture. Out of 5 pages of posts, you posted in 8 topics having anything remotely to do with firearms! ONE post was on the equipment exchange, a sale item, it wasn't even yours, it was for a friend! Do me a favor[:K], don't address me any more on this board. I really don't consider anything I've seen you come up with to be very thought provoking. Just provoking. So[:K], go bug someone else.......
(Edited to add..) I decided WTH, and checked pages 6,1 post,7,0 posts, 8,1 post None in equipment exchange. So[:K], it would appear you exist to throw stones and provoke folks........
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#17]
[i]The FBI's search for the person who mailed anthrax-laced letters that killed five persons has focused on a former U.S. scientist who worked at a government laboratory where he learned how to make a weapons-grade strain of the deadly bacteria.[/i]

Anybody remember Richard Jewell?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
(would they?)
View Quote

Ya, the US Army is attacking US citizens 5 at a time with anthrax....

try thinking for a change.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey Rik[:K]! Guess what!? I did a post search on you for the last 3 months. Wanna know what I found?
View Quote

That you have WAY too much time on your hands?  And you're still paranoid?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top