Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 3/17/2011 1:43:01 PM EST
So I'm filling out a job application for a IT position with a government entity(they won't take a resume) and there is a part in the employment history section asking why I left my previous jobs. What exactly are HR drones looking for there?

I left my last W2 job because "I got sick of the all bullshit from everyone and I didn't need to deal with it any more because I can make money as a free agent" I don't think the person reviewing my app would like that. As to why I want to "leave" my current position "I want to get the out of VA but I can't do it without a job."

Another thing I'm a little confused about. When listing my self-employment should I really put down that I work 0 - 40 hours a week and I make $35hr - $90/hr?

It would be so much simpler if I'd knew tonight's lottery numbers before the drawing.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 2:02:01 PM EST
reason for leaving = to better myself or better job/opportunities, I would NOT list any negative type reasons..

Salary I would put down self-employed contractor with 'varies' - if they ask in an interview you can elaborate more..

good luck

Brian
Top Top