Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/27/2012 6:36:56 AM EDT
it goes full auto.

so says the retired Marines sitting next to me...

ETA: No...seriously...he knows a guy that did it...

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
......now where did I put that file......
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
military and firearms knowledge

k
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
You should stand before him with your hands on your hips. Laugh uproariously - LOUD! - and point your finger at him.

"You are just a Jarhead!" you should say. "You are a simple creature, with simple ways. You know not of what you speak! Hey, everyone! See the Jarhead! He thinks he knows stuff! Aren't they cute when they think they know stuff? LOL (literally say "ell oh ell")! Ha-Ha! Silly Jarhead!"
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#4]
so you are going to file on a heat treated/hardened part.. good fucking luck with that..
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Please show him this thread after page 6.  

And.. In on 1.. Herp Derp.. etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

so you are going to file on a heat treated/hardened part.. good fucking luck with that..

You doubt the CSM? Pfft...

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:48:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Please show him this thread after page 6.  

And.. In on 1.. Herp Derp.. etc.

I could turn it into an Army/Marine thing...I'm pretty sure we have them out numbered here...

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#9]
My neighbors BIL asked me how to file down the firing pin and sear on an AR to make it go full auto.

My expression:

I told him I don't know and I will never try it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Dumbass.  You file the tip of your firing pin to a nice sharp point to get full auto.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you send in the $200 BEFORE or AFTER you file the sear?
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I would assume before...I also assume you need something extra for the manufacture of a full auto....

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Give him a file and say "OK, show me."
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

you do it halfway through filing because it nullifies constructive consent and preemptive production

you're supposed to do the entire thing while you have the ATF and NCIS on a threeway call

the general rule of thumb is that it's illegal unless they can hear it
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not even sure that it could be made to work with my understanding of how the fire control group works in an AR, but it would more than likely result in a runaway situation where it would not stop firing until it was out of ammo. Not exactly a desirable way to go full auto. if you ask me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I've heard the exact same thing from my roommate, a former Marine. Also heard a real zinger from one of his co-workers about a year ago, he was former army I believe, anyways, apparently if you jam a nickel or dime or some sort of coinage into the receiver by the trigger or some shit, it will go on uncontrollable bursts and sometimes full auto
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My neighbors BIL asked me how to file down the firing pin and sear on an AR to make it go full auto.

My expression:

I told him I don't know and I will never try it.

Tell him you don't need to touch the sear, just take 1/8" off the firing pin.

Works every time

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm not even sure that it could be made to work with my understanding of how the fire control group works in an AR, but it would more than likely result in a runaway situation where it would not stop firing until it was out of ammo. Not exactly a desirable way to go full auto. if you ask me.

Exactly what I said

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone who has screwed up a trigger job knows that you can get a gun to meet the legal definition of a machine gun by screwing up the sears. The gun wouldn't be much fun that way, it would just double or fire short bursts occasionally.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#20]
it would  work in an AK
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, that IS the way they did it in the movie "Heat", didn't they?
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Just be happy the way it is.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Without a sear trip mechanism, it would ony create hammer follow and turn the gun into a single shot malfunctioner  (filing the disconnector).  Filing the sear engagement surface would make the gun fire on a trigger pull, then on the release of the trigger.... the problem would be getting the gun the gun to fire the first time, since the sear holds the hammer back.  The end result is, filing on your parts will only yield a malfunctioning weapon.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone who has screwed up a trigger job knows that you can get a gun to meet the legal definition of a machine gun by screwing up the sears. The gun wouldn't be much fun that way, it would just double or fire short bursts occasionally.

you mean the disconnector right?
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Bah. Screw that. Just get a dirty SKS and burst away.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
it would  work in an AK

See, that's what's so funny about people who say ignorant shit about AR's. There ARE certain guns around (like the AK for instance) that can easily be modified to become full auto. weapons, but the the way the fire control group of an AR is designed, it's a no-go possibility.  I have to wonder how many people have fucked up their AR's trying to make it work though?

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm pretty sure it would start firing as soon as you released the charging handle and continue firing until the mag is empty or you have an out-of-battery explosion, whichever happens first.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#28]
In before the soon to come thread lock.

Why do dumbass people keep repeating the same stupid shit like " file down the firing pin or sear, yup that's how ya do it."  Friggin morons.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it would start firing as soon as you released the charging handle and continue firing until the mag is empty or you have an out-of-battery explosion, whichever happens first.

No - the design of the AR prevents that.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And be dangerous and unreliable
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Several guys in my unit told me that they know a guy who can file down a sear on Ar15s to make it auto; and they know a guy who got permission to bring home real AK47s from Iraq; and some that told me, that because we are in the military, that some military PXs sell full auto M4s..but to military ID holders only..

Bunch of WTFs
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No - the design of the AR prevents that.

Only if you're silly enough to have your AR loaded with Colt Civvy design neutered parts. (depending on what parts you filed)

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Several guys in my unit told me that they know a guy who can file down a sear on Ar15s to make it auto; and they know a guy who got permission to bring home real AK47s from Iraq; and some that told me, that because we are in the military, that some military PXs sell full auto M4s..but to military ID holders only..

Bunch of WTFs

Plain and simple...the world is full of idiots.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
it would  work in an AK

See, that's what's so funny about people who say ignorant shit about AR's. There ARE certain guns around (like the AK for instance) that can easily be modified to become full auto. weapons, but the the way the fire control group of an AR is designed, it's a no-go possibility.  I have to wonder how many people have fucked up their AR's trying to make it work though?

Yep.  When you chop off the top of the sear in the AK, it will be slam-fire full auto...  not exactly safe
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dumbass.  You file the tip of your firing pin to a nice sharp point to get full auto.

This,

file the sear, what a moran.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

ANSWER:  Just load all your magazines with 3 rounds each!  3 round burst only...

(I am kidding!)
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#37]
It works.. just ask Bill Springfield!
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Tell him he'd have better luck filing down his FACE!

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This,

moran
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moran
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#40]
I've seen an AK burst fire when the spring retainer wasn't holding the trigger pin in.  The ARs I've only seen not fire when incorrectly installed, never full auto/burst without a DIAS or FA FCG.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Have him file down the firing pin and then his penis
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This,

moran

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above

Do you seriously not know where this comes from?

This is older than LOLcats.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Without a sear trip mechanism, it would ony create hammer follow and turn the gun into a single shot malfunctioner  (filing the disconnector).

With ammunition with soft primers, an AR with an M-16 fire control group will fire bursts without the auto sear. I've seen it happen.

The momentum of the hammer is enough to dent the soft primers.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Dude, your message in combination with your avatar made me laugh out loud.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've seen an AK burst fire when the spring retainer wasn't holding the trigger pin in.  The ARs I've only seen not fire when incorrectly installed, never full auto/burst without a DIAS or FA FCG.

Somehow, in my AR, in the long-ass time I didn't have an upper for it, the springs got all screwed up on the pins, and the trigger pin walked out, disabling the disconnector. As a result, when I was test-firing it, it would double, then quit (from hammer follow). Now, my springs are properly oriented and the pin is held in place. Zero problems since
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It works.. just ask Bill Springfield!

Ouch...
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
it goes full auto.

so says the retired Marines sitting next to me...

ETA: No...seriously...he knows a guy that did it...

they're full of shit, you also have to file down the tab (right side) on the selector side of the receiver, otherwise you can't flip the happy switch to FA!  

or so you hear?
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This,

moran

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#49]
I bought a Colt SP1 around 2000.  Had retired federal LEO/gunsmith rebuild it with new Colt barrel/bolt/slabside upper for me. He took it to range to test fire and it emptied the 30 round mag.  Problem was the pistol grip screw was too long and protruded into receiver causing the rifle to slam fire.  No sear was filed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This,

moran

Do you seriously not know where this comes from?

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

This is older than LOLcats.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top