Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 3:33:32 PM EDT
Use this?

How did you like it?

Pros and Cons?

Thanks.

Do I have to link through the IRS website, or is there a way to file directly from my computer to the IRS?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been doing it for years I like it..but I would use a service cause of all the loop holes they find and the insurance if they make a mistake they pay for it not me...going to file tomorrow to fund my new black rifle...LOL
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I e-file every year - both Fed and State - have for many years now.  I love it, refund gets here very quickly, direct deposit into the checking account.

I buy Turbo Tax and file through them, very easy and convenient, nothing to mail.

+1, do the same thing here.
TS
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, now for another question,

Exaclty how do I file using E-file?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I e-file every year - both Fed and State - have for many years now.  I love it, refund gets here very quickly, direct deposit into the checking account.

I buy Turbo Tax and file through them, very easy and convenient, nothing to mail.

+1, never had a problem with it and it's real fast.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've done it through turbotax.com online for the last 5 years.  Deposit check right to the checking acount in less than 2 weeks.  Or better yet, had to pay for the last 3 years, they let you pay it online right from your account on the 15th.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I like Turbo Tax, and e file.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You should buy a tax program like Turbo Tax.  There are other brands but I've always used them.  You'll need to buy Federal and State packages, probably looking at less than $50 in total for both, which is deductible when you file.

What FM said. Amazon.com has TurboTax Deluxe with one state for $35 (free shipping).
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Get on the IRS website and they have links to several companies that do e-file.  Some are even free if you are under a certain salary level.

or a student like me.
E-file is great. quick fast and painless and no worrying about it getting lost in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#15]
By law they are required to offer it free to some percentage of their clients. Through the irs website, and you have to go through their link, you can find a company that will do it for any tax bracket. I have used it for the last 4 years with no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top