Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:25:17 PM EDT
Got my dream rifle in last week. This is a rifle made in the 1920's and has made it all these years with little damage from being transported from Germany by some GI and who knows where for the past 80-90 years. But leave it up to UPS to damage it. Gun was heavily bubble wrapped then packed in styrofoam peanuts and double boxed. Marked this end up on two sides and fragile handle with care on two sides. I am sure UPS will try to deny the claim at first, but an hoping that since I am only asking for $250 to repair the stock they will not put up too much stink. I know that many try to scam them with high insured values hoping to cash in. I do have photo's of the gun before and after. Any other advise?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Worked as a package car driver for 13 years. Was the package insured? If so, for how much? Call 1-800-PICKUPS and go through the computer voicemail list to claims. Most likely they will send a representative out to inspect the package and determine if it was properly packaged to protect the contents. Leave the box in "as found" condition if you can.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Worked as a package car driver for 13 years. Was the package insured? If so, for how much? Call 1-800-PICKUPS and go through the computer voicemail list to claims. Most likely they will send a representative out to inspect the package and determine if it was properly packaged to protect the contents. Leave the box in "as found" condition if you can.
It was insured for the full purchase price, and I feel packaged properly. I still have the box and all packing materials.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
It was insured for the full purchase price, and I feel packaged properly. I still have the box and all packing materials.

Then keep fighting it. Be a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then keep fighting it. Be a pain in the ass.

+1. I've had horrible dealings with UPS. I'm wondering if a summons to small claims court would achieve anything if they don't pay?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]
United Parcel Smashers

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:43:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought the shipper had to initiate the claim.

My experience with both UPS and FedEx is that they do pay out, eventually.  Just don't make the mistake of shipping a machine gun via UPS.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
photos
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I thought the shipper had to initiate the claim.

My experience with both UPS and FedEx is that they do pay out, eventually.  Just don't make the mistake of shipping a machine gun via UPS.

Correct.

When you call 800-PICKUPS and get the voice activated operator just keep saying "Agent" over and over again.  It's the fastest way to get to a real person.  I have filed a half-dozen high-value claims through UPS for lost/damaged packages, and only once did they refuse to pay (they said packaging didn't meet 200psi burst strength so it wasn't covered).  I took photos of the mfg stamp on the box saying 250psi and they shot me a check right away.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top