Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 5:36:18 AM EDT
Hello ladies-

This really pisses me off.

In light of that misfortuned 24 yo. who was kidnapped/abducted, brutally tortured, raped(? not sure if this was confirmed) and killed a female prosecutor was saying on a NYC program, an armed woman person is better off AND SAFER with a gun or a knife, BUT is that the type of society we want to live in?

WTF is wrong with SAFER - !!!

<shakes head with disbelief>

Lion_dog
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Lion, I think she meant (at least the way I read it) that it's really SHITTY that we women HAVE to do this shit.

Predators of women suck ass, and the world would be a better place without them, in other words.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Lion, I think she meant (at least the way I read it) that it's really SHITTY that we women HAVE to do this shit.

Predators of women suck ass, and the world would be a better place without them, in other words.

No, she was saying you(female)/all(include men) are better off armed because the assailant is in question of WHOM might be armed then they are less likely to vicitimize - but is that the type of society we want to live in - an ARMED, but safer society. When she realized what she was about to say "armed is better", she stammered, then filled with "is that the type of society we want to live in?".

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I think she has failed to realize that just by making that comment she has admitted that we live in that kind of society where being armed is a good idea.  Sounds like she thinks we will fall into that kind of society only if we allow people go go around being armed.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think she has failed to realize that just by making that comment she has admitted that we live in that kind of society where being armed is a good idea.  Sounds like she thinks we will fall into that kind of society only if we allow people go go around being armed.  

Yes, her stammered pause gave it ALL away - YOU ARE SAFER ARMED, but, <insert BS peacenik, liberal crap slogun, montra, etc. HERE> !

Ron R. said it best, "Trust but verify." The only way we can verify our safety is to be prepared in the best possible way for the "unexpected" - so I'll go armed, thank you, Ms. Prosecutor.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#5]

"is that the type of society we want to live in?"

Good grief no. I for one would prefer to live in a society where a woman is abducted, tortured, raped, then killed, rather than one where we are permitted to protect ourselves. [/sarcasm]

Interesting slippage on her part.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

"is that the type of society we want to live in?"

Good grief no. I for one would prefer to live in a society where a woman is abducted, tortured, raped, then killed, rather than one where we are permitted to protect ourselves. [/sarcasm]

Interesting slippage on her part.

Yes the piece was on the CBSnews website - took quite a bit to get to, but you knew she knew she screwed the pooch.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:32:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:42:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you pressed that woman, she would not be able to give you any kind of decent response on how we can get to a society where there are no criminals victimizing people, nor would she be able to tell you how society can evolve to a point where it can perfectly predict and fill every individual's needs, even emergency needs.
Some people just have a completely irrational idea of what society should do for the individual.

Agree. Individual??? It's all about the "collective".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top