Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 2:58:26 PM EDT
How do you feel?

I realize MANY won't care at all given it is not relevant to OUR country. But if you have a "chip in the game" so to speak, how do you feel about female combat troops in one of the bloodiest of the current engagements?

Do you believe they pull their weight?

If you support it in Israel, would you ever support it here?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
99% of women do not belong in combat.
How's that for playin' it safe?[:D]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
ask the russians how well their female snipers scored during ww2.

Lyudmila M. Pavlichenko, (Female), W.W. II U.S.S.R., 309 confirmed kills.

hmmm, if a female whacks a muslim extremist/terrorist...does it really make a rats ass difference to me? hell no.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Steyr whats the deal? You hoping to get one in a fox hole. (Fighting Hole for u Marines) [;)]

To your pondering question... NO.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn... No pics of said Israeli woman with guns yet. They are a fine lot and would have no problem serving with them except I would be a tad distracted by them to be honest.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
A post about women by SteyrAUG and, what, NO PICS?????

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.isayeret.com/sniping/school.htm[/url]

Check out that bad M14 bullpup (M89SR)
Da butt looks bad too...!

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/sniping/m89d.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel fine
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn!  I thought you were going to announce the latest edition of Playboy, with the "Females Soldiers of the IDF!!" spread...  

[:(]

How's this Troy? Better?

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/optics/witness/sniper.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ask the russians how well their female snipers scored during ww2.

Lyudmila M. Pavlichenko, (Female), W.W. II U.S.S.R., 309 confirmed kills.

hmmm, if a female whacks a muslim extremist/terrorist...does it really make a rats ass difference to me? hell no.
View Quote

Don't forget Russian female Tank Commanders and fighter pilots. Panzer Divisions and the Luftwaffe were no fricken joke either.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]
DScott,
That chick in the last picture looks like she has a goatee. Maybe she is one of those Orthodox jewish snipers [:)]

Karl

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#13]
And yet the Russians themselves weren't impressed enough by the performance of their female troops in WWII to have them continue to serve in combat roles afterwards.  Hmmm...
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
DScott,
That chick in the last picture looks like she has a goatee. Maybe she is one of those Orthodox jewish snipers [:)]

Karl

View Quote

There's a chick in that photo?

No, really, it's just a, um, well... it's, uh, it's a SHADOW!  Yeah, that's it!  It's a trick of the light...

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Doesnt bother me, I also feel that ladies are well siuted to the Fighter pilot role.Its been [b]PROVEN[/b] that a womans body can handle more G's than a mans can.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]
DScott,
Yeah it's a shadow alright... a FIVE O'CLOCK SHADOW!!!

Karl
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got no opinion on who's in the Israeli military. NOMGDB.

But as far as allowing women into OUR military...[b] when they started allowing short, fat, weak, slow, pregnant, flat-footed, weak-kneed, ear-ring-wearing, pony-tail-keeping, overly-emotional, dainty, gotta-prove-myself-to-daddy, standards-lowering, women's-studies-educated, tools-of-the-lesbo-NOW-clan-feminazis into the armed forces we hit rock bottom.

Women in the military is a poison to our armed forces' strength, readiness and morale.

To hell with women in the armed forces in ANY capacity unless they're nurses, secretaries, or USO dancers.

[pissed]
[/b]

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#18]
i trained with some american women marines and they were all freakin worthless.  couldnt run, bitched all the time and never pulled their weight.  im thinking in israel, they're much different.  israel needs every able body they can get.  let em fight. i bet they kick ass.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd feel a lot better if somebody would post a picture of a fine looking Israeli babe with a sniper rifle, that's how! [;D]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought they stopped letting women in the military (in Israel) after it was realized the men would end up getting killed trying to protect them.  Something about how the men would rather let themselves die than the women...
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#21]
macallan

can you do that to describe a liberal?  please!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I have no problem with a female soldier.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
macallan

can you do that to describe a liberal?  please!
View Quote

Stick around. [b]kentstate4[/b] is bound to pull his head out of his ass and chime in on another thread soon. [;)]

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#24]
In the 1967 war, the Israelis found that the normally inept and unskilled Egyptian infantry  suddenly became skilled and motivated when faced in combat by units of Israeli female soldiers.  

The preveiling theory as to why they fought harder against the female units was that there is no way in hell any self respecting Egyptian soldier was going to let his ass get kicked by a woman!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#25]
But they STILL got their butts whipped.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Women are very useful for some jobs in the military.  Physical combat isnt one of them.  They can be snipers, pilots etc.  History has shown that in the trenches they get hamburgerized.  As the previous post pointed out, the Russians had whole battlions of women soldiers and they dont anymore!  During the Gulf War, a tremendous amount of the women got pregnant on purpose to get out of the area.  They cost the military more then the saddam did.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Aww ok.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#28]
1. Soviet Union during WWII
2. Israel throughout its entire history

What do these two times and places have in common? People were expected to do their damned jobs and shut their pieholes and work harder if they had any problems about it. Survival was at stake, and no gender-norming, molly-coddling, soft-soapinng bullshit went on. Hack it or die, homegirl.

Contrast this to America in the end of the twentieth century / beginning of the twenty first century:

A female Marine officer complains that a monthly PT run is being run at a fast pace, and that women who fall out are being ridiculed. She is actually taken seriously, and there is talk of the CG of this command being reprimanded somehow instead of her fellow officers just kicking the crap out of this WM and telling her to speed up or die.

NOW and DACOWITS and many other "it doesn't matter what you can actually contribute to the defense of our nation, sister, it's all about your self-esteem" groups are the vanguards of the destruction of the US military. They would argue that it doesn't matter that American women are softer than their Soviet and Israeli counterparts and have been handled with kid gloves for so long that they have come to expect it as the norm. It doesn't matter that women suffer far higher rates of training injuries like stress fractures than men: their solution is that training for women should be gender-normed. They've turned the whole situation on its head, and have dared anyone in command in the military to speak out. Speaking out will only cost them their job, rank and command.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to every single American woman, but unfortunately it applies to most of them. Been there, seen it, hated it.

Also unfortunately, the pressure groups won't accept the maintenance of high standards. When standards are lowered to allow a certain group to compete on a level footing with others, the members of that group will never get respect from those who have to meet the original higher standard. When members of the group for whom the standard was lowered regularly fail to meet those lowered standards, what does that breed? Contempt.

I've posted my stories about my experiences with the reality of women in the American military several times, so I'll spare you that here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#30]
There ya go...

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/sniping/m14-c.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks like you need a motorcycle helmet to protect your melon and your ear from getting ripped off. For that bullpup!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm all for women in the military ...

As long as they issue one to every soldier/sailor/airman/Marine. [}:D]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#33]
For the current situation, Israeli women soldiers are working more like a Swat/Police unit that actual infantry.

I imagine if the Chines ever invaded America, the women of this country would do a great job defending their hometowns.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#34]
A female Marine officer complains that a monthly PT run is being run at a fast pace, and that women who fall out are being ridiculed. She is actually taken seriously, and there is talk of the CG of this command being reprimanded somehow instead of her fellow officers just kicking the crap out of this WM and telling her to speed up or die.
View Quote

Can't hack it?  Gotta pack it! [(:)]

If you don't want to PT... JOIN THE AIR FORCE!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Women are very useful for some jobs in the military.  Physical combat isnt one of them.  They can be snipers, pilots etc.  History has shown that in the trenches they get hamburgerized.  As the previous post pointed out, the Russians had whole battlions of women soldiers and they dont anymore!  During the Gulf War, a tremendous amount of the women got pregnant on purpose to get out of the area.  They cost the military more then the saddam did.
View Quote

Don't forget that they make GREAT secretaries and nurses too!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#36]
[img]http://www.canschool.org/relation/dfaithistory/images/img48.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.idf.il/idf_in_pictures/images/2000/june/5june00_2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.tiac.net/users/spiker/artists/skinnerc/chronx/goltroop.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#37]

They would argue that it doesn't matter that American women are softer than their Soviet and Israeli counterparts and have been handled with kid gloves for so long that they have come to expect it as the norm. It doesn't matter that women suffer far higher rates of training injuries like stress fractures than men: their solution is that training for women should be gender-normed.
[size=2]
They've turned the whole situation on its head, and have dared anyone in command in the military to speak out. Speaking out will only cost them their job, rank and command
[/size=2]
View Quote

Tell me the last time that any beauracrat got ahold of a problem the solution did look like the reverse of the real one.

Government, Runs perfectly on the SQUARE wheels its designed on.  To bad it effects peoples lives.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By My Own Bad Self:
their solution is that training for women should be [red]gender-normed[/red].
View Quote

It demeans me as a man and Marine to even use that puke-inducing bullshit term. I would get my account locked for calling it what it really is, so use your imagination.

Is a fistfight gender-normed?
Is a machinegun?
Is a fireman's carry?
Is a vertical buttstroke?

It just sickens me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Comparing the way things work in Denmark to the way things are in the US is truly comparing apples to armadillos.

I was a communications technician, and served alongside women in all my assignments, as well as the lengthy schools I attended in the Marine Corps. I speak from experience when I tell you that the vast majority of American women who join the military (or at least the Marine Corps) don't want to have high standards to meet. They want to find husbands. They want to be catered to. They enjoy the attention they get for being a small supply in high demand, especially in overseas posts. They know the power they have to destroy careers and lives with a word, and they're very willing to use it.

Most American women are happy with their slightly coddled and protected status, and very much expect that status to continue in the military. In the circumstances in which they found no coddling and protection, a flurry of letters to Mom and their congressmen and senators soon followed. No one can afford to have even the slightest taint of sexism or not enthusiastically espousing the party line when it comes to advancing women's rights in the military. Everyone from Corporals to Generals are vulnerable to innuendo and unsupported allegations.

To say that this is just persecution, sexism, disrespect or fear on the part of men toward women encroaching on traditionally male bastions is to ignore the few exceptions that prove the rule. When a military woman does stand out from her peers in her desire not only to meet her lowered standards, but to exceed the standards applied to the men around her, she is truly admired, respected and pointed out as an example by the men around her.

Maybe it would take a woman to explain the dynamic that exists between women in a large organization like the US military. Other women certainly don't look up to a female paragon of soldierly virtue as an example, but rather as a threat and someone to be torn down if at all possible. Maybe that's something for another topic.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Sirs

The women in the above photos are not combatants, there are only instructors.

Check here for some more info and photos on the IDF female feild instructors - [url]http://www.isayeret.com/overview/girls.htm[/url]

Regards,

Daniel Cohen, Webmaster

[url]www.isayeret.com[/url]

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/vehicles/atv/atv-7.jpg[/img]

Male and female ATV instructors.

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/lmg/negev/female.jpg[/img]

The IDF first female combat airborne mechanic, handling a MAG 58 LMG mounted on an IAF UH60 Blackhawk helicopter .

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Nice pics, Daniel!  I really like your website- very first class.

And, welcome to our little corner of the world!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Concerning women in combat....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

There might be a woman out there who could kick my ass (some sort of super-ninja), HOWEVER there is not a woman on the planet who could carry a combat-loaded ruck for 25 miles, drop it and THEN kick my ass.
No how, no way.
(I believe this so of any decent grunt, too.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top