Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/26/2018 9:08:31 PM EDT
My 23 year old daughter has decided on a career in law-enforcement and recently started working with the sheriff's office. She's fairly petite and the agency doesn't have armor that fits her well. I'd like to buy her some armor that fits her comfortably. Cost isn't an issue. I'd appreciate any feedback you all may have on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2018 10:04:47 PM EDT by BigeasySnow]
What town are you in?

ETA: I have two extra small second chance ones, one’s thicker than the other but I couldn’t find anything on them referring to what level. Extra small would seem like it would fit a pretty big girl. Neither mushes me too bad. Beats the heck out of wearing a man’s. They’re old, but when we shot up old ones, they still held up.

Anywho, if you’re local, she can try them on and see what she thinks. Design for carriers probably hasn’t changed much. She can borrow one if she’s doing anything fun and can’t wait for a one to get shipped.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:47:12 PM EDT
this is the first thing that comes to the top of my head in regard to female specific carriers
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 2:10:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hammer1995:
My 23 year old daughter has decided on a career in law-enforcement and recently started working with the sheriff's office. She's fairly petite and the agency doesn't have armor that fits her well. I'd like to buy her some armor that fits her comfortably. Cost isn't an issue. I'd appreciate any feedback you all may have on the subject.
View Quote
She needs to communicate with her agency that she wasn't measured properly for her issued armor, and have the vendor the agency is using come back and re-measure her.
We go through the same issue every couple of times we get issued replacement armor.
It seems like some vendors simply can't do that task properly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:11:32 PM EDT
Maybe it was just because of the vendor who sold the vests, or measured the women at my agency improperly, but it seemed that about 20% of the women ended up needing to have themselves measured a second time before they got vests that fit them properly. The return rate for the men was far lower...I'm just guessing 5% or so.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:00:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2018 11:08:54 PM EDT by hodgescl]
Just about every manufacturer should have a rep who knows how to measure a female cut vest. Unless it’s a super small department using hand me downs, this should have been done.

A phone call to any customer service rep should be able to square her away if she is looking to buy a new vest.

A proper fitting vest is important, an ill fitting vest can leave gaps, restrict movement, or give something for a perp to grab. It’s worth doing right if you can.

I’d suggest Point Blank.

La rep
Top Top