Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 4:59:23 PM EDT
I've got a friend that was arrested yesterday and is currently out on bail.  If he winds up getting convicted it will most likely be a felony conviction.  The details are kindly ugly, nothing voilent, just not a pretty situation.

Since I've got guns everywhere what are the legal implications of him coming over to visit?  I'm assuming that if convicted he couldn't own a gun, but can he still shoot any of mine when we go to the range?  Can he even be around guns?  

And yes, this is really a friend, not me.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A convicted felon can be around guns (just ask G. Gordon Liddy).

It would be illegal for him to even hold or handle a gun as it would constitute posession.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It would be illegal for him to even hold or handle a gun as it would constitute posession.

Not to mention you can be charged too if you know he's a felon *after his conviction* and give him access to any gun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to mention you can be charged too if you know he's a felon *after his conviction* and give him access to any gun.

IIRC, even being in posession of a single round of ammo is verbooten.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless it is an antique, air gun, paintball gun or blackpowder frontstuffed
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
OUCH!  I didn't know the depth of the law.  

Now for the REALLY bad news, the "friend" is my brother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top